OneFora banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Consolidating some of the feedback into 1 thread...

[ALWAYS ON] These are tracks we will always be working on - I don't view them as having an 'end-date' but rather that we keep working on them and improving them.

Roadmap for Advanced Search - Ref #171165018

• Search option for date over relevance.
  • Search for posts by a particular user (eg. add a search paramater user:rdlviper)
  • Add sort option by "most replies" so the big threads are served up vs. little useless threads.
  • Option to view results as either posts or threads.
  • Make word(s) searched to be obvious in the results (consider industry practices, red has been requested)
  • A "threads started by" is a must have.
  • Also the ability to search within your conversations.
  • True Boolean search capabilities would be mountain top.
And additional options for Mods/Admins:
  • [mod/admins] lost the ability to search for members by things like the number of warnings they've had to filter problem users or words in their signatures to find those just using the site for advertisement.
  • [mods/admins] when reported posts and duplicate accounts are flagged, those need to land in a staff only forum so all the search tools mentioned above can be used for them forever vs the rudimentary default reported post system and what currently passes for a duplicate account detection system.
Missing admincp functionality
  • AdminCP is going to continue to be a project until we can make as many people happy as possible. We'll keep working at this one, and continue to add new & improved functionality (including Warning Improvements plugin, Alter Ego detection, password resets, forum announcements, etc.)
  • @HelenaB will be compiling, and can hopefully add some priority here of the items necessary for AdminCP
[FINISHED]
[SCHEDULED FOR Q1]
[DESIGN COMPLETED, WAITING ON DEV]

[DISCOVERY PHASE / WE KNOW WE WANT TO DO IT]

[NOT YET PLANNED]
[ICEBOX - DECISION ON WHETHER TO PROCEED REQUIRED]
[YET TO BE PRIORITIZED]
Please feel free to add/link to other items, and I can put them on the list.

Rob

·
Patrol4x4 Admin
Patrol4x4 Forum
1,344 Posts
Thanks for that Rob.

Would really love to see 'Post Title' back in the game..

The premium Membership has been a long time coming, our premium membership section has been empty for sometime, people are just staying away, the last post was by me trying to maintain a bit of interest and that was 27 days ago.
Great that this is finally getting attention at the end of month but it would be really fanbloodytastic to have some idea of what direction this will take considering many of the old benefits are just part of normal functionality. I could give a brief summary on a start point for the long suffering PM set that might just be appreciated, at the moment they feel like they have been kicked in the guts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts