Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 199 Posts

·
Staff
GamingFora
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, apologies for the long wait.
We have some good news to share: our work on the Admin Control panels are nearly done!
:tada:

NOTE:
Guys once you get access please avoid changing anything in the Admin CP for right now to avoid throwing off the Labs site. Look no touchy for right now.

We are in the preparation stage of launching Admin Panels to our production sites. The roll-out may still take a few weeks, BUT, we want to get you all trying & testing the Admin Panel on our Labs site, as of today. This will also allow us to prioritize your sites to activate the panel. After you have access, you can access the Admin Panel from the button at the upper left corner:

But first....

Having access to Admin Panel also means a lot more risk if your account is compromised. As a solution to that, once you are given the Admin Panel access, our system will ask you to setup your Two Factor Authentication (2FA) before you can continue, and when you log in from a new device, the system will need to verify your 2FA credential.For how to setup 2FA, please refer to this tutorial:

https://labs.platforum.cloud/threads/how-to-setup-2fa-two-factor-authentication.37879

We will launch 2FA tonight, before we do, PLEASE make sure you are aware about the 2FA enforcement.

After it’s launched tonight at the labs, feel free to explore, and as we are still working on detailed tutorials for each section in the Admin Panel, PLEASE post all your questions under the Feedback section or in this post, and we’ll make sure to work your questions into our upcoming Tutorials.

Side note: Since there is a lot of stuff, you WILL see bugs and glitches here and there. As we patch it going forward, we will gradually fix the bugs and glitches, and the stuff you have access or not might change as well as we iterate.

·
Administrator SLKWorld
357 Posts
link for 2 factor not working yet?

Oops! We ran into some problems.
The requested page could not be found.

·
Staff
GamingFora
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you have access to Admin Panel, you will need to set it up before you can continue yes.

You can see how it works tonight at labs. Before we rollout to production sites, we'll have tutorials in them.

·
Administrator SLKWorld
357 Posts
If you have access to Admin Panel, you will need to set it up before you can continue yes.

You can see how it works tonight at labs. Before we rollout to production sites, we'll have tutorials in them.
was the above in answer to my question?

will moderators to get into mod panel also have 2 factor so i can notify them?

·
Staff
GamingFora
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
  • If they are only moderators, they won't have access to admin panel. Only admins will.
  • Anyone having access o Admin Panel, will need to setup 2FA. When we launch it, the system will force you to setup 2FA first.

·
Administrator SLKWorld
357 Posts
  • If they are only moderators, they won't have access to admin panel. Only admins will.
  • Anyone having access o Admin Panel, will need to setup 2FA. When we launch it, the system will force you to setup 2FA first.
:D
I know that...but i saw you said:

We have some good news to share: our work on the mod/admin control panels are nearly done!

so that is why i asked about the moderator using the 2fa
np...just taking care of my mods

·
Staff
GamingFora
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'll afraid I'll probably have to disappoint you again man, tonight we're essentially doing a test run at Labs here only. We'll still planning our rollout plan for actual sites, which once we have it finalized, we'll let you guys know the schedule.

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,534 Posts
np...now i have to disappoint mods that no present for them tonight
Note: This is just review for Labs, not your live sites. Those will be rolled out at a later date.

Jeff M

Reactions: jbanks15

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,534 Posts
NOTE:

Guys once you get access please avoid changing anything in the Admin CP for right now to avoid throwing off the Labs site.

Look no touchy for right now. LOL

Jeff M

·
Registered
2020 Shelby GT500 + 8 other Mustangs
75 Posts
Reactions: liang_VS

·
Patrol4x4 Admin
Patrol4x4 Forum
1,346 Posts
We have some good news to share: our work on the Admin Control panels are nearly done!
:tada:

NOTE:
Guys once you get access please avoid changing anything in the Admin CP for right now to avoid throwing off the Labs site. Look no touchy for right now.

We are in the preparation stage of launching Admin Panels to our production sites. The roll-out may still take a few weeks, BUT, we want to get you all trying & testing the Admin Panel on our Labs site, as of today. This will also allow us to prioritize your sites to activate the panel. After you have access, you can access the Admin Panel from the button at the upper left corner:

View attachment 3976

But first....

Having access to Admin Panel also means a lot more risk if your account is compromised. As a solution to that, once you are given the Admin Panel access, our system will ask you to setup your Two Factor Authentication (2FA) before you can continue, and when you log in from a new device, the system will need to verify your 2FA credential.For how to setup 2FA, please refer to this tutorial:

https://labs.platforum.cloud/threads/how-to-setup-2fa-two-factor-authentication.37879

We will launch 2FA tonight, before we do, PLEASE make sure you are aware about the 2FA enforcement.

After it’s launched tonight at the labs, feel free to explore, and as we are still working on detailed tutorials for each section in the Admin Panel, PLEASE post all your questions under the Feedback section or in this post, and we’ll make sure to work your questions into our upcoming Tutorials.
Cool, we are used to the two levels of passwords, we had that before under vB to get to the highest Admin level.

1 - 20 of 199 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.