OneFora banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Patrol4x4 Admin
Patrol4x4 Forum
1,346 Posts
Interesting, seen double pics a couple of times under XF because it is easily done especially if the panel below on large or small pics is played with but have always been able to delete just one, I have put double pics down to operator error. Look forward to the feedback on this.

·
Registered
2020 Shelby GT500 + 8 other Mustangs
75 Posts
Operator error... there are 2 ways to upload pics. If they use the rectangle icon (4th icon) and subsequently hit “insert full picture,” the picture will upload twice like this:

Car Land vehicle Sky Wheel Vehicle

Reactions: AG Jeff

·
Registered
2020 Shelby GT500 + 8 other Mustangs
75 Posts
Same thing happens when using the first icon (paperclip) if they click “insert thumbnail” twice. It inserts it again.

Car Tire Vehicle Wheel Automotive lighting
Car Tire Vehicle Wheel Automotive lighting

·
Staff
GamingFora
351 Posts
Thanks for the feedback, Old Navy. That does look very weird indeed.
I'll look into a solution and make a ticket. Will keep you guys updated.

·
Patrol4x4 Admin
Patrol4x4 Forum
1,346 Posts
Operator error... there are 2 ways to upload pics. If they use the rectangle icon (4th icon) and subsequently hit “insert full picture,” the picture will upload twice like this:

View attachment 3889 View attachment 3889
Just re read this, on P4x4 I click the Insert Image icon (4th one as you say), the message 'drop image or click here' comes up, I click which takes me to file explorer where I locate the image, double click on it and Bobs your uncle, one large image.

When the XF system first came to being, I had a few double pics, sometimes one big and one small until sussing this current method out.
Ross

Reactions: AG Jeff and Goose17

·
Staff
GamingFora
351 Posts
Hmm, so I was testing this, it looks like this is how the flow works:
1: You click on the image upload button (4th icon)
2: You either drop an image or click to upload one
3: before the image is fully uploaded there already is a preview of the image being inserted into the thread.
4: Then the image is automatically inserted.

This seems rather standard intuitive to me, and https://www.thenewx.org/ does have the same flow since it's the same version of our site. Can you guys help me pin point the part that caused you to upload the image twice?

1:

2:

3:

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,888 Posts
Every time you click full image or thumbnail after choosing the pic, it adds another duplicate photo.

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,888 Posts
You'd think the first time you click full image or thumbnail after importing the image would choose what you're doing with it, but instead it just duplicates it.

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,888 Posts
I added the image above and by default it chose full image on its own. I then clicked thumbnail for the image but instead of changing it from full to thumbnail, it posted both.

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,888 Posts
By comparison, the other XF sites I use allow you to choose between thumb or full before it adds the pic to your post.

Here, it forces you to full and if you really wanted thumb, you'd click need to then click thumb but then need to go back & delete the full one.

·
Patrol4x4 Admin
Patrol4x4 Forum
1,346 Posts
By comparison, the other XF sites I use allow you to choose between thumb or full before it adds the pic to your post.

Here, it forces you to full and if you really wanted thumb, you'd click need to then click thumb but then need to go back & delete the full one.
On P4x4 from a desk or laptop it is automatically large pic and I quite like the full image, especially when it revolves around tech detail in a pic. I know you can click to get the full image but that is a step that takes you away from the page, especially if instructions are being given above that pic, ie, we have a DIY section where people post up a project they are doing and there is up to 10 pics in a row, for a thread to be eligible for this section it must contain pics and instructions, those instructions are normally just above the each pic.

·
Read Only
111 Posts
That is the workflow I have noticed that produces two images. Clicking Full Image produces a second picture. My recommendation is that Thumbnail and Full Image be removed. The default should be Full Image. This makes it easier for members especially those who are not computer savvy.

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,888 Posts
Here's how it normally works in XF. After you click the image icon and choose your pic, that pic is added to a separate window under the reply window so you can then choose between thumb or full.

It does not just take your choice away and add a full photo to the reply.

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,534 Posts
Noted this on the list of things to build out a tutorial on how to help users for the CM team.

Jeff M

·
Patrol4x4 Admin
Patrol4x4 Forum
1,346 Posts
I don't get anything like your pic shows Mike, this is what we get on P4x4

Then when I click the 4th icon in I get this so I don't get anywhere near the choices in your pic. Wish I damned well did, forum life would be much easier.

I do get this at the bottom of the page and if I don't click on anything it is an automatic large pic as shown, which I quite like, if I want a small pic I click on thumbnail, never do, all pics in my build thread turned to thumbnails after the change to XF, considering there was a lot of detail in the pics I changed them all to large, I think I said somewhere else that yes for the small pic you can click on it and it opens large in another pane, the issue there is it takes the reader away from any written instructions that accompany the pic.

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,888 Posts
I don't get anything like your pic shows Mike, this is what we get on P4x4
View attachment 3945

Then when I click the 4th icon in I get this so I don't get anywhere near the choices in your pic. Wish I damned well did, forum life would be much easier.
View attachment 3947

I do get this at the bottom of the page and if I don't click on anything it is an automatic large pic as shown, which I quite like, if I want a small pic I click on thumbnail, never do, all pics in my build thread turned to thumbnails after the change to XF, considering there was a lot of detail in the pics I changed them all to large, I think I said somewhere else that yes for the small pic you can click on it and it opens large in another pane, the issue there is it takes the reader away from any written instructions that accompany the pic.

View attachment 3948
Right, I was showing what Xenforo normally does by allowing the user to choose between thumbnail or full image.

For some reason this setup takes your choice away and just defaults to full image. If your intention was to post a thumbnail, you have to jump through a bunch of hoops to get it that way without duplicating the image.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts