OneFora banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
ElectricianTalk.com
Electricians Talk
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope this is the correct forum....

I don't understand the banned user system. If I want to unban someone or look at who had banned the individual I cannot search the list. If I go to all users I can pull the name up but I cannot see who did the banning. I also tried looking thru the list and could not find the banned persons name. I did notice that the begining of the list was in order of when the banning happened but further down it was alphabetical.

If someone would be so kind and explain that to me I would appreciate it. I told you I am low level...hahaha

·
Registered
DieselPlace
787 Posts
I hope this is the correct forum....

I don't understand the banned user system. If I want to unban someone or look at who had banned the individual I cannot search the list. If I go to all users I can pull the name up but I cannot see who did the banning. I also tried looking thru the list and could not find the banned persons name. I did notice that the begining of the list was in order of when the banning happened but further down it was alphabetical.

If someone would be so kind and explain that to me I would appreciate it. I told you I am low level...hahaha
As a Site Admin, we have access to the ACP ( Admin Control Panel) . The ACP shows all banned users
Rectangle Font Technology Screenshot Circle

If you are a Moderator of a Community you can contact your Site Admin to help you with an unban
(y)

·
ElectricianTalk.com
Electricians Talk
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I see that and I have access to that. I am asking how do you locate that one individual. There is no search there

·
ElectricianTalk.com
Electricians Talk
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you use the all user search I can find them but I cannot see who banned them.

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,868 Posts
There is a search for users and then when you pull up a banned user, there's a "Banned By" entry on their profile in the admincp.

You can also see the ban and who did it in the user's changelog tab.

·
Registered
DieselPlace
787 Posts
Yes I see that and I have access to that. I am asking how do you locate that one individual. There is no search there
In the ACP under "Search Users" you can pull the individual account up by user name.
When the user account comes up on screen, on the right hand side of your screen you will see "Actions" click on that and choose unban ( see example below)
Rectangle Font Electric blue Parallel Magenta

·
ElectricianTalk.com
Electricians Talk
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you. I did all those things and the only way I could get to see the banned by was by going to view public profile in the mod tool on the right after the search and then going to the mod tool under the members page and hit edit ban. Interesting enough is that there is no name next to "banned by" . I am guess it is because it didn't migrate from the old software?

Reactions: crjackson

·
ElectricianTalk.com
Electricians Talk
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In the user name account you can look and the "Changelog" tab and see the ban action taken and by whom
Changelog had nothing but the users name which would link back to his profile page

·
ElectricianTalk.com
Electricians Talk
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It seems that it would be more simple to just have a search for banned users and bring us to the screen that we see in post #2

·
Registered
537 Posts
Might the user have been spam cleaned? I’m not sure what kind of tracks that leaves but I don’t think it says who. Just haven’t looked myself.

·
ElectricianTalk.com
Electricians Talk
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Maybe the ban was prior to the Xenforo transition.. Many older account actions prior to the transition will appear like that
Yes, That is what I suggested above

·
ElectricianTalk.com
Electricians Talk
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Might the user have been spam cleaned? I’m not sure what kind of tracks that leaves but I don’t think it says who. Just haven’t looked myself.

No, a real troll on on this one. I wasn't wanting to unban him just trying to figure it all out. I never unban someone without asking the person who banned them.

·
Registered
DieselPlace
787 Posts
No, a real troll on on this one. I wasn't wanting to unban him just trying to figure it all out. I never unban someone without asking the person who banned them.
A majority of my older dormant accounts have blank info due to the transition..
Infractions/points with N/A for dates and no listing of staff member action.

Just one of the data losses from the change over..

·
ElectricianTalk.com
Electricians Talk
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am not sure what is going on with the one user. I checked others who were banned years ago and the change log was very helpful. I had tried all these things but for some reason they do not work on this one banned member. I cannot even find his name in the banned user list but when I search for his name under all users he comes up banned. Not important as long as the others are functioning normally.

Thank you all for your help. This will make it easier

1 - 16 of 16 Posts