·
Senior Community Manager
OneFora Sherpa
5,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Cloud Sky Triangle Font Symmetry

Hello all.

What:
We are going to have a platform-wide outage next week right after our weekly update.

Why:
We are looking to upgrade our Istio version in production. This is a critical part of our infrastructure and hasn’t been updated in a while. We have been diligently working on a smooth upgrade path for this. We have deployed all the changes and configurations to our staging cluster and things have been running quite smoothly. This also allowed us to figure out the optimal upgrade steps to minimize downtime.

When:
Maintenance window.
Start time: February 22nd, at 9:00 AM EST
End Time: February 22nd, at 9:10 AM EST
Downtime Duration: 10 minutes

UPDATE March 10th, 2022, and There should be no downtime

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

·
Senior Community Manager
OneFora Sherpa
5,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will bump this thread the morning of so you can re warn them or send them out for coffee. ;)

Reactions: MarkofSeaLife

·
Senior Community Manager
OneFora Sherpa
5,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update from Devs:

There's a big istio update in progress happening this morning, so you may see some HTTP 502 errors while this is upgrade is in progress.

·
Registered
48 Posts
My login and use abilities in Cadillac Forums are ..... useless. 0933 EST.

Multiple site errors, 403 code bar, cannot access CF site, cannot access Conversations.

0937 - now getting a long page of disjointed text and error codes.

Can log in to my Administrator Control Panel but not to my Submariner409 CF site.

·
Registered
SkyRoadster
397 Posts
I didn't try to actually time it, but based on when I was and was not able to log on, the ten minutes was pretty close for my forums.

·
Senior Community Manager
OneFora Sherpa
5,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Should be starting to come back online now but there will be outages today with the weekly update and the network maintenance.

Go grab a coffee and take a break it will be a day.

·
Registered
987 Posts
MY PROBLEM starts with this update:

going into ACP, it asks for id/pw. Enter and get in. Click on any area (list all users for example)--boots me back to log in screen. Enter id/pw AGAIN. Click on all users and it lets me in. Click on "join date"--BOOTS me back to log in page. Rinse and repeat over and over and over :mad:

·
Senior Community Manager
OneFora Sherpa
5,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Like I said, walk away and take a break there will be outages on and off today.

·
Senior Community Manager
OneFora Sherpa
5,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ohkay, I didn't consider that an outage but (y)
Systems have to come back online and Slack is also having outages today so there will be some issues.

I would not report any new "Bugs" until tomorrow once the dust settles.

Good day to take a walk and long lunch, or pour a drink, lol.

·
Registered
Ruger Forum Net Gunner Forum
31 Posts
It keeps logging me out of the Admin side when I go from checking out one new user to the next. It seems to happen when I check out the IP on another site and come back to look at the next new user. Ruger Forum.Net. I sort by join date and check out all that joined since I last checked.

Looks like it is getting better. I'll chill.

·
Registered
987 Posts
It keeps logging me out of the Admin side when I go from checking out one new user to the next. It seems to happen when I check out the IP on another site and come back to look at the next new user. Ruger Forum.Net. I sort by join date and check out all that joined since I last checked.
see post 12-15 ☝ ;)

·
Senior Community Manager
OneFora Sherpa
5,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yup, we are keeping an eye on things and will be doing some testing.

I will keep ya all posted.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts