Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Staff
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
As part of our effort to respond to the feedback from the community regarding the "white space" issue on our sites, we are currently working on a brand new look for our sites, a new "Card View" aiming at
  • Fixing the white spacing issue,
  • bringing more focus on the core content of the page,
  • providing a better visual experience,
It's currently in the works and it will take a while before you guys can see it. BUT, we want to show you the mocks of how it would look after it's released.

Take a look and let us know what you think!

A few quick notes:
  • These mocks are work in progress, final result might differ.
  • These mocks are for visual presentation only, so some content on mocks might not be accurate (like right rail content)
    • Some mocks might have slight font issues due to export, my computer is missing some fonts. But this won't be a problem in actual implementation.
  • Once it's done, of course we will be rolling it out on labs here first, so you guys can experience it first hand.
  • The examples below are shown if the site theme is red, but the new look will also work with the site theme.
  • This is a first step towards multiple views in the future. We will also work on a new "Compact View" to allow the page to display more content and better utilize spacing, for those who prefer a much more compact reading experience.

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,869 Posts
I tend to harp on stuff like "threads started by user" & "a moment ago" bugs but it's nice knowing that someone is also looking further out to the big picture and future of forums. (y)

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,468 Posts
This is one I have been waiting for and hinting at to communities for a while.

Looking good and think the more customizability the better.

Reactions: liang_VS

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,869 Posts
One word I'm seeing a lot all of the sudden after migration is delineation.

Users are having a hard time with nothing but the thin gray hairlines breaking things up. This should help with that.

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,869 Posts
So since this is in Announcements and Release Notes which can now be seen by anyone without logging in, we can share the images?

Reactions: Lalji

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,468 Posts
So since this is in Announcements and Release Notes which can now be seen by anyone without logging in, we can share the images?
@Mike Lang

I would say go for it and feel free to share the feedback here.

Jeff M

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,869 Posts
Any feedback to share?
Thank you VS for working to improve the site.
I won't lie, I was in the camp that did not like the new look at first; however, I am discovering a lot more new content because of the way the "home" page displays content. Eg, I would have never found this thread.
Very happy to see this! As one of the ones who didn't like (and still don't ) the new format, I think these are most welcome improvements on the way. The good news is you folks listened to the complaints, like the white space issue, and are working on implementing some of the membership's recommendations. The screenshots definitely look much better with improved space utilization than the current page formatting. So thank you!

Reactions: HeyChris

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,468 Posts

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,869 Posts
I'm curious if this (or the compact view later) could be the default view for brand new accounts created after a certain date.

If they're deemed to be more user friendly, we'd want new users starting off with them vs the current default.

Reactions: AG Jeff

·
Staff
277 Posts
I'm curious if this (or the compact view later) could be the default view for brand new accounts created after a certain date.

If they're deemed to be more user friendly, we'd want new users starting off with them vs the current default.
With the feedback that we've been getting, we are going to make this default for everyone to start. That makes the development efforts easier as well.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.