OneFora banner
121 - 133 of 133 Posts

·
Head Of Operations Overclock.net
49 Posts
I recently provided VS with a full I-trader documentation so far as to how it used to operate on the good old days of Vbulletin. The inclusion of a dedicated classifieds system with a meaningful trader rating is a key feature for communities who wish to trade among likeminded people and avoid the fee's of using such services like Ebay etc. I look forward to seeing what VS comes up with.

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,794 Posts
I recently provided VS with a full I-trader documentation so far as to how it used to operate on the good old days of Vbulletin. The inclusion of a dedicated classifieds system with a meaningful trader rating is a key feature for communities who wish to trade among likeminded people and avoid the fee's of using such services like Ebay etc. I look forward to seeing what VS comes up with.
@ENTERPRISE was this something you sent recently or older, can you resend it to me so I can get it to the Product team?

Reactions: HeyChris

·
Registered
AfricaTwinForum
190 Posts
I would like to see the ability to view an itrader/reputation score on a seller or buyer by moving the cursor over the username while in the Classified section
Anything more then 8 words and most ppl skip through it. In general we humans are a lazy bunch..
How many here ALWAYS reads through the entire user agreement before clicking accept, rase your hands…

·
Registered
DieselPlace
923 Posts
Anything more then 8 words and most ppl skip through it. In general we humans are a lazy bunch..
How many here ALWAYS reads through the entire user agreement before clicking accept, rase your hands…
When it comes to buying or selling, reviewing an itrader/reputation score is a very useful tool in the Marketplace experience.
If people choose not to use it then it's on them...

·
Registered
AfricaTwinForum
190 Posts
When it comes to buying or selling, reviewing an itrader/reputation score is a very useful tool in the Marketplace experience.
If people choose not to use it then it's on them...
Yep agreed, sorry, my point was it would have to be quick and precise..
Also another point to bring up ..
Wouldn’t it be better to “register “ with VS to sell ?
For a few reasons..
Keeping track of how many “sales” one person does to weed out commercial vendors.
A last known email
A cross platform rating for all VS, will establish a better rating, (as long as they register with the same addy at another VS site) so if they change vehicles this rating will follow them too or selling anything on any other VS site..
Up side for seller; over time and sales being rated as a reliable VS seller more likely to get more ppl interested in buying..
MAYBE for those ppl forgo the post/waiting period for THAT site to maybe help those who say have parts to sell but no longer has what the parts fit, so are not really interested in forum activities. With that allow a time frame for that listing to become inactive. Saving our members the time of contacting that seller and the seller doesn’t get email 6 months later on stuff they sold..
After thought: a small registration fee ($2.00) for a second verification of ID or as a bonus to those whom are subscribed to the site..

just a thought …

·
Registered
DieselPlace
923 Posts
Yep agreed, sorry, my point was it would have to be quick and precise..
Also another point to bring up ..
Wouldn’t it be better to “register “ with VS to sell ?
For a few reasons..
Keeping track of how many “sales” one person does to weed out commercial vendors.
A last known email
A cross platform rating for all VS, will establish a better rating, (as long as they register with the same addy at another VS site) so if they change vehicles this rating will follow them too or selling anything on any other VS site..
Up side for seller; over time and sales being rated as a reliable VS seller more likely to get more ppl interested in buying..

just a thought …
To post in the Forum Marketplace you need to be a "Registered" member.
The itrader/reputation scoring helps track the members buying/selling habits and allows other members to comment on the transactions.
The comments can be viewed by others to help determine the members marketplace habits ( ie, always a late shipper, bad packaging, poor payment/refund history, etc.)
This system helps members locate dedicated buyers/sellers.

In our community, we have precise rules that clearly state items must be in your possession and your personal property.
Vendors can sell only used items in the Marketplace.. ( although we have had no vendors use this )
Multiple quantities must be pre approved by Staff before posting ( this can potentially screen out commercial sales)

If a member is going to multiple VS sites just to post in the Marketplace then that could present Commercial sales issues/rules violations

·
Registered
AfricaTwinForum
190 Posts
To post in the Forum Marketplace you need to be a "Registered" member.
The itrader/reputation scoring helps track the members buying/selling habits and allows other members to comment on the transactions.
The comments can be viewed by others to help determine the members marketplace habits ( ie, always a late shipper, bad packaging, poor payment/refund history, etc.)
This system helps members locate dedicated buyers/sellers.

In our community, we have precise rules that clearly state items must be in your possession and your personal property.
Vendors can sell only used items in the Marketplace.. ( although we have had no vendors use this )
Multiple quantities must be pre approved by Staff before posting ( this can potentially screen out commercial sales)

If a member is going to multiple VS sites just to post in the Marketplace then that could present Commercial sales issues/rules violations
Yep I understand u must be a “member” but if I’m on a truck forum today and sell some used parts and on a motorcycle forum 3weeks from the and sell some used parts and a computer site 6 months later selling more stuff (lol, OK I don’t know how often THAT would happen at least in that timeframe) then your “reputation “ following you would benefit everyone. As for commercial sales you could still set limits as to number of “sales” in a month or week..

Reactions: Clive

·
Registered
495 Posts
I just see an open marketplace as a disaster waiting to happen.
Posting the same article on multiple site, not bothering to come back and mark 'sold', non approved vendors making use of it (they are smart enough to circumvent rules and advertise one item on multiple sites, yet be selling a hundred bikes.

An ability to close an item by the vendor themselves and it pass to multiple sites would be a required feature.

Reactions: Razer and OkDually

·
Registered
AfricaTwinForum
190 Posts
I just see an open marketplace as a disaster waiting to happen.
Posting the same article on multiple site, not bothering to come back and mark 'sold', non approved vendors making use of it (they are smart enough to circumvent rules and advertise one item on multiple sites, yet be selling a hundred bikes.

An ability to close an item by the vendor themselves and it pass to multiple sites would be a required feature.
Agreed..
I’m personally just talking about the sellers rating..
If they want a open market place post on eBay..

I guess the better way to put it would kinda like a vendor but a “Registered” seller instead..

121 - 133 of 133 Posts