OneFora banner

Do you prefer the term Original Poster (OP) or something else for the person who created a thread?

• OP

• Something Else

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Poodle Forum
20 Posts
Generally speaking, OP. But I may type out “Original poster” for inexperienced members, as it leaves little room for confusion. My mom, for example, wouldn’t have a clue what a thread is, so I try to keep that in mind. Hers is a common demographic on our forum.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Nope, once in a blue moon, even Thread Starter gets questioned.
Perhaps as we do have septuagenarian and even octogenarian joiners with limited IT/Forum skills.

• Wow
Reactions: liang_VS

·
Registered
495 Posts
Hmm, odd.

I could swear that I cast my vote earlier, but just noticed that I still had vote option.

Definitely voted now, so if it comes up again I will advise.

·
Registered
FocusRSOC, FocusSTOC, FiestaSTOC, MondeoSTOC
718 Posts
I have literally never had someone not understand thread starter BUT I am usually on sites early in their migration to the new software, so maybe they just didn't come up with that yet.
At the end of it all, whether somebody writes Original Poster or Thread Starter, it is likely to be understood by pretty much everybody. It's only when we start to abbreviate that we might get questioned, from time to time somebody might not understand 'OP', but you can be sure if somebody uses 'TS' there will be a lot more people asking what it means.

·
Patrol4x4 Admin
Patrol4x4 Forum
1,447 Posts
OK, JIC, CWMO,NTSH (can we move on, nothing to see here), lol.

·
Staff
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Thank you again for all the replies and votes.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts