OneFora banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
ElectricianTalk.com
Electricians Talk
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is the edit link hidden in the menu area rather than down next to quote. I know it isn't a big deal but it is one extra step that I don't have to take. My members don't like it either and in fact some thought the edit link was gone....

Can it be moved to the bottom of the post

·
ElectricianTalk.com
Electricians Talk
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Is this something that can be done in house?

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,468 Posts
I will ping @Product to chime in on this one as it is more of a design thing and will most likely stay where it is.

They might have a more elegant answer.

Jeff

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Dennis, Unfortunately, the bottom section has limited space and is saved for primary user interactions we may need to add in the future.
Purple Font Material property Screenshot Number

·
ElectricianTalk.com
Electricians Talk
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is plenty of space unless there is no design to go all the way across. Besides don't you want the most commonly used links (I don't know what else to call them- not buttons or icons???) down there. Edit is used alot, IMO...

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,468 Posts
There is plenty of space unless there is no design to go all the way across. Besides don't you want the most commonly used links (I don't know what else to call them- not buttons or icons???) down there. Edit is used alot, IMO...
We have more Reactions coming shortly which might be taking up that real estate.

Also, we do cover where the edit feature is in our FAQs to help members who might miss it.

·
ElectricianTalk.com
Electricians Talk
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I guess I am more for ease of use rather than reactions but I get it...

Reactions: AG Jeff

·
Registered
kiaownersclub
40 Posts
Slightly off tack. But one thing that gets our users is the "Quote" button.
On other forums using "Quote" puts the post you are responding to in your reply. Where as this software uses the reply to do that...
Confusing, to say the least.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Slightly off tack. But one thing that gets our users is the "Quote" button.
On other forums using "Quote" puts the post you are responding to in your reply. Where as this software uses the reply to do that...
Confusing, to say the least.
agree it takes a bit of getting used to/took a while to figure out how to quote more than one comment as well but trial and error got me there.

·
ElectricianTalk.com
Electricians Talk
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I use the quote for multi quoting only.

·
Registered
537 Posts
But it is nice that you can use the Reply button to quote as many posts that you want like the +Quote button but you don't have to go the extra step to Insert these quotes. +Quote button isn't even needed. One of these days they'll probably mess me up and close that with one of the updates. But I like it just the way it currently works.

·
Registered
All Ford Mustangs Mustang Evolution
209 Posts
It’s a personal preference I suppose. I like the way it works now, and only get thrown off-balance when posting on forums using older software styles. A lot of people had growing-pains with the new interface, but I find it’s easier for me now that I’m acclimated.

Reactions: AG Jeff
1 - 13 of 13 Posts