OneFora banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
SLKWorld and CX30talk
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a tiny thing, but quite frustrating...

When I edit a member's profile and tap/click 'Save', the screen stays as it is with the edits in place.

To return to the member's Profile Summary means you need to hit the 'back' button - and that then shows an outdated profile, meaning you then need to hit 'refresh' to update the profile.

In my mind it would be better for the Save button in the edit profile screen to save the edits and to return the viewer to the Profile Summary screen (or maybe add a 'Save and Close' button on the edit page).

·
Registered
448 Posts
Martin, back takes you back to previous page.
The page refresh shows changes as made.

Although, it would make more sense that after a save, the page automatically showed the changes, or automatically refreshed.

Reactions: tryNto

·
Registered
SLKWorld and CX30talk
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Myk - That's exactly the point - once I've finished editing I want to see the results - not to have to go 'back' and then 'refresh'. To me that's a kludge. It's untidy.

I'd like a clean way back from the Edit Profile screen to the Profile Summary screen.

Reactions: Avel Du

·
Registered
490 Posts
When you do the change and save, you get a 2-3 second drop down along the lines of "Your changes saved" or similar but -->saved<-- is in the message. If you miss it (looked away or something), just hit save again and the drop down will re-appear every time to reassure you 😉.

No need to verify. Change has been accepted. You can do the refresh but no need IMO.

Unless I misunderstood your issue :rolleyes:

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,556 Posts
Gonna leave this one open for discussion but I normally just refresh the user's profile page as "Back" is working as intended.

If you maybe grab a video screen share might help us all be on the same page. (pun not intended)

Jing or now Capture works great for this:

Jeff

Reactions: savcom

·
Registered
SLKWorld and CX30talk
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No need to verify. Change has been accepted. You can do the refresh but no need IMO.

Unless I misunderstood your issue :rolleyes:
Len - It isn't verifying the profile edit has been done, It's to to with my workflow.

When I have a few new users to welcome (who have registered since I was last on) I tend to open each new user in a separate tab and then go through each along the lines of:
  • Post a welcome profile message
  • View/Edit their profile to add a 'Update your profile' prompt and check other bits (web sites/details)
  • Check User's IP
  • Follow up on checks if necessary (Spammer/Seller/Help messages/Posts etc)
  • Switch to next user and rinse and repeat.
In switching from the edit screen back to the profile screen you're left with a screen that is out of date (it may not even have the posted welcome message!) and you can easily think you've not updated this new user if you're distracted or interrupted - unless you refresh.

By having the Save move you directly to the profile summary you know the updates have been made because they are visible and you can go on to other tasks (or the other users) as needed.

As I say, it's trivial and only a couple of seconds, but would make the editing of users a bit easier and a bit more reliable.

I'll get some screenshots to show what I mean.

Martin

·
Registered
490 Posts
If you refresh the old screen (as Jeff suggested), it would show the updates that you did in your other "active" screen. Otherwise, that old screen is not active, it's static till you do something to it .

Just like what a banned member would see IIRC. One minute he's looking at a post, then he's banned but as long as he doesn't change the screen he's looking at (change page, refresh, etc) , he doesn't know he's banned.

With your techie b/g, am I preaching to the choir and am full of well, you know 😉

·
Registered
SLKWorld and CX30talk
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looking at this, I can change my workflow to make the 'save changes to profile' the last step in my flow. Close the tab and move to the next user. As Len said -
No need to verify. Change has been accepted.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts