OneFora banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
GTR
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would it be possible to have the search bar default to searching within the current subforum instead of the whole site, or have the option on ALL areas

i.e. I enter a subforum. I search a phrase and choose "within this subforum"
I then decide I want to re-run another search from within those search results or a results thread, but within the same subforum. I have to either use advanced search or go back to the index.

Invariable I forget this and end up running a site wide search which gets really clumsy, especially on Mobile

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,559 Posts
Gonna leave this one here and open for discussion from other members for now.

Not seen many requests for this since migration.

Jeff M

Reactions: Mookistar

·
Registered
446 Posts
@Mookistar, this is indeed an annoyance when searching within a subforum while on the move... Especially when pressing the GO button before manually selecting 'in this forum' is high on the muscle memory action, imo.

I agree, it would be nice to have sub-forum searches as main function, with whole site as secondary. When starting a search from within a forum.

If searching from the main list of forums, then 'whole site' should be defaulted.

Font Screenshot Multimedia

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,895 Posts
I still run into users who think we eliminated the ability to search within a thread/forum months ago when we migrated.

The "Search Community" text implies it's only there to search site-wide.

·
Registered
SkyscraperCity Administrator
613 Posts
The search function already behaves a bit like you guys like it to behave.

On the main page with "Recommended for you" only "entire site" is available which is also valid for "Full Forum Listing".

It needs to be adjusted for forums and threads.
It would be great to change the ranking of those search options.

By the way together with this "Search ... in this discussion" should respectively must be changed into "Search ... in this thread"

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,559 Posts
@Product

Do you guys want me to move this to a possible Feature Request or do you guys need any other input or have any follow-up questions?

Jeff M

1 - 7 of 7 Posts