OneFora banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's possible with XF, can we get the post counter to display the total posts in the thread?

Instead of just "#5" it's helpful to display "#5 of 14".

Reactions: liang_VS

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bumping a lifeless thread for new eyeballs. :)

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
While we're at it, anyone else miss the post links being separated off to the right?

·
Patrol4x4 Admin
Patrol4x4 Forum
1,359 Posts
While we're at it, anyone else miss the post links being separated off to the right?
Can you put up a screenshot of what you mean please Mike?

·
Patrol4x4 Admin
Patrol4x4 Forum
1,359 Posts

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I do like the idea of #3 of #410 though.
Yeah, it's a tiny thing that has a big impact on helping readers know how deep into a discussion they are.

·
Registered
286 Posts
It is a bit duplicative as it already appears on the top & bottom of the page: 1 - 7 of 7 Posts
And also can become messy when its #7 of 435,304 in long threads
Because that repeats for every single post, it also adds a lot more noise for search engines to parse out the meat of the post from the noise (more unimportant content on the page).
I'm not 100% sure that it really helps a community, or matters that much. Is this something you guys feel you & your communities feel really strongly about? Or is just trying to match intricate details of VB back to XF?

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I personally use it all the time and for an upgrade, try to give users all the features they're already used to vs. losing any then add new features on top of that.

But if it's really triggering search issues, I'm sure we'll manage.

·
Registered
286 Posts
FWIW, the one I really love.... take a look at how Cake does it (bottom right hand corner) I think that's beautiful. Does anyone agree? It feels like a step forward rather than backward to me.

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As long as you can still grab an individual post URL which they offer in the "share" dropdown, yes.

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,556 Posts
FWIW, the one I really love.... take a look at how Cake does it (bottom right hand corner) I think that's beautiful. Does anyone agree? It feels like a step forward rather than backward to me.
It's cool but I missed it until I knew to look down there from your comment.

If it was up closer to the post text boxes it would be better IMO, but I do have a 27-inch monitor.

Jeff M

·
Patrol4x4 Admin
Patrol4x4 Forum
1,359 Posts
Like it, doesn't seem to interfere with anything else on the page.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts