OneFora banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Patrol4x4 Admin
Patrol4x4 Forum
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A member reported this the other day and others have since, I did see it once myself, a grey notification that came in from the side like a push message, I was busy reading something deleted it. When I received the report I remembered seeing the word 'survey' on the panel but not the rest.
What the guys are saying is:
"Ross, can you maybe check with VS? I also got a pop-up for the survey. It looked legit to me. Completed about half of it and then gave up because it became to labourious. Basically wanted to know if the support from VS (@ModAdmin) is sufficient or not and how they can improve. It was a generic survey as it also asked what forum you're on".

From another.
"What's with the forum survey where they want your personal details including email address That's when I stopped If they don't like your answers you will get the ban stick permanently Not for me" (that one may be a bit out of left field but he's talking the same survey so it seems).

I've looked at threads by others here and seen no mention of a survey and also don't remember it being mentioned by management.
Thanks, stuff like this makes people nervous especially with so much going on in the background and the other pesthole.com thing.

·
Registered
TheNewX Admin
374 Posts
Yep - I've see it too. In my personal life I DON'T do surveys, whether in person, by phone, emails, etc !

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,888 Posts
It's on all the sites. All you have to do is log into a different VS site to see it...

·
Patrol4x4 Admin
Patrol4x4 Forum
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think the issue for P4x4 was it caught people by surprise when other stuff was going on, but I don't do survey's either, people know enough about me already.

·
Registered
TheNewX Admin
374 Posts
Yep - the minute they ask a personal question that they have no reason to know about me - I drop them like a hot rock !

G

·
Thanks for this. Noted for next time to improve the wording to make sure everyone knows it's legitimate. No one's going to be punished, banned, or their data used against them, to be clear. The response rates have been overwhelmingly good, which shows how engaged your communities are -- and opinionated.

We'll likely keep this survey up for at least a couple of more days. It's the same notification tool that we use for release notes. When we do something like this again, we can make sure Admins like you see it first. Cheers,

·
Patrol4x4 Admin
Patrol4x4 Forum
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for this. Noted for next time to improve the wording to make sure everyone knows it's legitimate. No one's going to be punished, banned, or their data used against them, to be clear. The response rates have been overwhelmingly good, which shows how engaged your communities are -- and opinionated.

We'll likely keep this survey up for at least a couple of more days. It's the same notification tool that we use for release notes. When we do something like this again, we can make sure Admins like you see it first. Cheers,
Thanks for the feedback.

Reactions: AG Jeff

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,534 Posts
Update

The survey was turned off a few days ago, thanks to those who have participated.

Jeff M

1 - 9 of 9 Posts