OneFora banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Shelby GT500 + 8 other Mustangs
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, a “thank you” to those that are responsible for updating the forums. It’s nice to see updates and attention given to forums that have been in existence for a long time vs. just letting them slowly die due to tech obsolescence... thank you!

Now for a request... It would be nice to get a heads-up here at Labs when an update will happen with new noticeable features to the forums we manage. I am on my forum many times throughout the day. I sometimes find the site “down for maintenance” only to wonder what will be changed when the site comes back up. I click-around and search for changes so I can give the membership a heads-up regarding the changes. Periodically, an admin type will create a post with changes, but sometimes this is a couple/few days later. It would be nice to get a heads-up post here about specific changes and when they are about to happen. Those of us who live on our respective forums can then alert the membership and guide them through the changes. If an update is only for a specific site, you could also send the main moderator a pm on that site.

Thoughts?

Tim

Reactions: AG Jeff

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,559 Posts
First off, a “thank you” to those that are responsible for updating the forums. It’s nice to see updates and attention given to forums that have been in existence for a long time vs. just letting them slowly die due to tech obsolescence... thank you!

Now for a request... It would be nice to get a heads-up here at Labs when an update will happen with new noticeable features to the forums we manage. I am on my forum many times throughout the day. I sometimes find the site “down for maintenance” only to wonder what will be changed when the site comes back up. I click-around and search for changes so I can give the membership a heads-up regarding the changes. Periodically, an admin type will create a post with changes, but sometimes this is a couple/few days later. It would be nice to get a heads-up post here about specific changes and when they are about to happen. Those of us who live on our respective forums can then alert the membership and guide them through the changes. If an update is only for a specific site, you could also send the main moderator a pm on that site.

Thoughts?

Tim
Heya @Goose17

The plan is that it will normally be updated here/Labs on Friday before the release on the live sites on Tuesday however sometimes there could be a slight delay if there is a technical setback.

We can put in a request to get the official release notes then however lately a lot of the updates have been more backend behind the scenes stuff and not much on the front end that users will notice.

Jeff M

Reactions: Goose17

·
Patrol4x4 Admin
Patrol4x4 Forum
1,359 Posts
Fanbloodytastic, I am on P4x4 every day unless I'm travelling, even then I hotspot, I'm on here late at night and in the morning to check out what is the latest development and contributing to our conversations (remembering my time zone ;)). Throughout the day I'm on P4x4 checking things out and getting a feel for trends and how we are improving, and improving we area. It would be very nice to know exactly what is about to transpire to prepare for it mentally, also to give regulars a bit of a heads up on upcoming change without going into detail, they appreciate that and it makes them feel a part of it when they see a positive change.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts