OneFora banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
StingrayForums. Admin & Moderator
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I raised this back when we were acquired by Vertical Scope, and since it has not been resolved, I am raising it again. One of Stingray Forums real strengths has been a strong sense of community and member participation. In our pre-VS format, we always featured a picture on the front (landing) page of our forum, from the winner of our monthly Stingray (and/or Sting Ray) photo contest. It has been a very popular part, with more than 37k views of the 76 winners over recent years.

However, with VS format, we no longer have any way (that I am aware of) to prominently feature the image on the front (landing) page. All we have been able to do is put up a post, which in turn needs to be clicked on, to be taken to the monthly winning image. Since our participation and views have gone down with the VS format, I did an informal survey of previous winners and random members, and the unanimous feedback was that the lack of the featured image on the front (landing) page has resulted in decreased interest and participation.

Is there a way we can once again prominently feature the monthly winner image on the front (landing) page?

Thanks!

Jeff

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,556 Posts
Heya Jeff,

Understood how it worked on the legacy format but looks like that is no longer an option to feature them on the homepage.

Note we are moving to a more feed driven format for the homepage per this thread below.

However, those images from the ROTM threads will start to show up in the feed if popular and based upon that user's history of interacting with the site. I believe StingrayForums.com will be getting the updated homepage with upcoming releases.

Jeff M

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jeff. Let's see how it populates. Would have preferred more local moderator control.
Cheers,
(Vegas) Jeff

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,556 Posts
Sounds good.

(Chicago) Jeff M lol

Reactions: jtech

·
Registered
286 Posts
I actually like the idea of having the ROTM on the homepage.... one way to do that could be to utilize Articles for the ROTM. That would give it a nice priority in the feed algo. Its something we could try out? If it works, down the road we might be able to create a dedicated "ROTM" threadtype that could also be stickied to the homepage (unless user dismisses it)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I actually like the idea of having the ROTM on the homepage.... one way to do that could be to utilize Articles for the ROTM. That would give it a nice priority in the feed algo. Its something we could try out? If it works, down the road we might be able to create a dedicated "ROTM" threadtype that could also be stickied to the homepage (unless user dismisses it)
what he said 😁

1 - 8 of 8 Posts