OneFora banner
121 - 123 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
SkyRoadster
174 Posts
We see power spammers that create dozens of rapid fire spam posts in the middle of the night. If the spam tool wasn't there after they'd made just 10 of them, the cleanup would be a nightmare.
I've not seen that many from a single spammer that quickly, and will count myself lucky.

So maybe it should be a post limit and a time limit.

·
Registered
MG-Rover
182 Posts
I will bump,this topic with question: can we set a rule that first commers which block showing their location can be put into queue for moderation to be allowed entering the site at all?
What I see as daily taksmis to catch first time xommers with only 1 post, you cannot see the location of the poster, post has silly text, but with that they have possibility to send PMs. We block every one of these newcommers and by now we do not have issues catching them, but at times they do manage to be first at members until we block them.

It would be very helpful if newcommers without location presented could be put in queue in order to easier take weed out, and to be late at catching them.

Not all of them are scammers, but you need to be fast with those who are.

This option, if possivbe, would help us a lot.

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
I will bump,this topic with question: can we set a rule that first commers which block showing their location can be put into queue for moderation to be allowed entering the site at all?
What I see as daily taksmis to catch first time xommers with only 1 post, you cannot see the location of the poster, post has silly text, but with that they have possibility to send PMs. We block every one of these newcommers and by now we do not have issues catching them, but at times they do manage to be first at members until we block them.

It would be very helpful if newcommers without location presented could be put in queue in order to easier take weed out, and to be late at catching them.

Not all of them are scammers, but you need to be fast with those who are.

This option, if possivbe, would help us a lot.
Unfortunately, we can not put new users into the approval queue at this time as we are working on tweaking spam tools and rules. This would create a huge barrier to entry for new members and could have legal and privacy concerns.

I would refer to the Spam Fighters Best practices, for now, to try and thwart spammers.

121 - 123 of 123 Posts