OneFora banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
When I started the post, the thread was called "spammers stockpiling multiple accounts". is there a thread concerning the stockpiling of accounts?
This appeared to be spam but is now believed to be Google One Tap related. Still a big problem, but not spam.

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
Yesterday was the biggest day yet of new registrations. I fear we're going to have a ton of unwanted/unintended account issues very soon.

If you spend hours digging through each new account, some of them are obvious...

Rectangle Font Circle Screenshot Parallel

This is clearly confusing folks and they think they're logging in but they're really creating a brand new account that they don't want which will eventually confuse them even more.

Reactions: AG Jeff

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,794 Posts
^ noted and shared. Keep the feedback coming as I have shared it with key stakeholders.

Reactions: TexasRoses

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,794 Posts
Update from the team looking at the numbers, looking good so far just some outliers you mentioned but they work on a solves for that.

"1286 users who have used OneTap (including logging in, not just registrations). Here’s a breakdown:
  • 1286 unique users have used OneTap since last Wednesday
  • 415 existing users have used OneTap to log in
  • 871 new registrations using OneTap
  • 826 of the 871 new registrations have 0 posts
For non-OneTap registrations:
  • 510 users since last Wednesday have registered using “other means”
  • 174 of those users have more than 0 posts
34% of users who registered through other means have posted, while only 5.1% of those who registered with Google One Tap have posted. So One Tap clearly converts our lurkers at an accelerated pace, which solves a big part of our problem and reduces a barrier to entry and participation. We must absolutely have a requirement that the Start Conversation Upon Registration be established for sites which release One Tap. Otherwise, we may exhaust this initial glut of hyper-conversion of our lurking audience into transforming into actives."

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
  • 415 existing users have used OneTap to log in
  • 871 new registrations using OneTap
I'm curious...How do we differentiate between these two groups?

If I had an established forum account with say an AOL email address and come back after a hiatus and click One Tap which grabs my Gmail info, don't I look like a "new registration"?

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,794 Posts
How do we differentiate between these two groups?

If I had an established forum account with say an AOL email address and come back after a hiatus and click One Tap which grabs my Gmail info, don't I look like a "new registration"?
That is something @liang_VS and @Lalji will be discussing with the CM team.

We also plan on setting up a "Introduce yourself welcome PM" on any communities that get One Tapp to help convert them to active members and @VS_Carly will help set those up.

• Love
Reactions: TexasRoses

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I'm not 100% sure the future issues I'm trying to nip in the bud now are fully coming across but I've done my due diligence. :ROFLMAO:

21 - 27 of 27 Posts