OneFora banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Ramchargercentral
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any way we can change our header pics? I have had requests for a contest for promoting members pics, or possibly a rotating pic. Would be a great way to get more member participation.

Many years back we had a picture of the month competition, and even made those into a calendar for the next year that could be downloaded and printed. Do not know if we want to go that far yet, but just having control of the header pic, would help a ton.

George

·
Registered
537 Posts
Any way we can change our header pics? I have had requests for a contest for promoting members pics, or possibly a rotating pic. Would be a great way to get more member participation.

Many years back we had a picture of the month competition, and even made those into a calendar for the next year that could be downloaded and printed. Do not know if we want to go that far yet, but just having control of the header pic, would help a ton.

George
Heck, I'd just like the header pic we had before XenForo, which was a compilation of actual member photos. It would be great if the administrators had control of this so we could compile our own headers once again.

·
Registered
ClubFrontier and RoadGlide
54 Posts
I like this idea as well, I'm curious to hear what the reasoning is for locking it down.

·
Registered
DieselPlace
848 Posts
Heck, I'd just like the header pic we had before XenForo, which was a compilation of actual member photos. It would be great if the administrators had control of this so we could compile our own headers once again.
Xenforo only allows Super Admins to have full control of the software. ( ie, ability to change headers, etc,)
Post in your core thread or area 51 in your community and someone can help you..

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,556 Posts
Xenforo only allows Super Admins to have full control of the software. ( ie, ability to change headers, etc,)
Post in your core thread or area 51 in your community and someone can help you..
Correct, we can update banners if you supply images that are owned/taken by users or from the manufactures or various verticals public media press kit.

Start a submissions thread for the community then once there are enough images to choose from ping us in Area 51 or you're Core Thread. Then I will work with Creative and we will get proof for you and the community to review. Note our Creative department has to format the banner for mobile and desktop screen device resizing so it is something we need to develop on our end.

Here is some boilerplate that we use when starting submission threads that you can use.
  • You can submit your high res images here and creative will review them to see what will work with the layout.
  • Note that the images must be your own work and non-copyrighted.
  • Please submit well-lit and high-resolution images of your collection
  • By submitting your photos you agree to have (Your community URL).com have full authority to use the photos in a creative way.

Jeff

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,556 Posts
Note, we are unable to rotate the images monthly but can do a yearly Ride of the Year banner update.

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,556 Posts
I have asked to have our header changed months ago and never heard anything about it.
Responded in the thread on your home community requesting more feedback and we will get you taken care of.

Jeff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts