OneFora banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Patrol4x4 Admin
Patrol4x4 Forum
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have raised this before, maybe on home forum after migration, I believe the home page main menu could do with a modification to make it easier to differentiate between a Forum and a section, yes the text is larger but doesn't always leap out at you when your moving between forums in the page, our old vB version had the forum name on a red background, not suggesting we do that but damn each forum leaped out at you, as you can see below I have placed road safety messages under each Forum name and don't wish to lose them but maybe heavier lines above and below the forum name and maybe a slightly bolder print, or the Forum Heading and safety message could be done in a colour suiting the overall form, ie once a forum is clicked on, the thread title is in Red on P4x4 and Blue here. See bottom for P4x4 example.
Thoughts? Can only fit around half the menu even at 33% lol.

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,534 Posts
@Ross Wittig

I just got a demo on this yesterday and it is in the pipeline for an upcoming release so you should start seeing some updates to the styling in June.

It will have more grey and contrast between the sections to clean it up a bit.

@Product do you guys have a screenshot you can share?

Jeff M

Reactions: RoscoAU

·
Patrol4x4 Admin
Patrol4x4 Forum
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't think this is on our list. Where did you see this @AG Jeff?
Please find it on a list somewhere, please, please. when I am looking for something and in a bit of a hurry (believe it or not us home forum Admins do often have a high workload from time to time :)) it is so easy to scroll past a node heading and need to scroll back, as said in OP, with vB we had a red colour background to the node heading, it doesn't need to be that though, just something that stands out instantly like the proverbial. It could be bold heading or a thick black line under the node heading, it is the little things like this that make me miss the old vB sometimes.

·
Staff
279 Posts
Yeah, I'll wait for @AG Jeff to point this out to me. I just don't want to duplicate the work if there is already a ticket.

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,534 Posts
I don't think this is on our list. Where did you see this @AG Jeff?
Please find it on a list somewhere, please, please. when I am looking for something and in a bit of a hurry (believe it or not us home forum Admins do often have a high workload from time to time :)) it is so easy to scroll past a node heading and need to scroll back, as said in OP, with vB we had a red colour background to the node heading, it doesn't need to be that though, just something that stands out instantly like the proverbial. It could be bold heading or a thick black line under the node heading, it is the little things like this that make me miss the old vB sometimes.
Yeah, I'll wait for @AG Jeff to point this out to me. I just don't want to duplicate the work if there is already a ticket.
@Ross Wittig

I believe the changes you are requesting will be solved by the Card View rollout.

More details here:

Jeff M

·
Patrol4x4 Admin
Patrol4x4 Forum
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@Ross Wittig

I believe the changes you are requesting will be solved by the Card View rollout.

More details here:

Jeff M
Cool, I certainly hope so because headings these days are easily scrolled past when your in a hurry.

·
Staff
279 Posts
Ah, I see... Because of the indentation and separation. (y)

·
Patrol4x4 Admin
Patrol4x4 Forum
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ah, I see... Because of the indentation and separation. (y)
Cool. BTW, when we do get the Card View I hope we don't lose the safety messages I inserted under the node headings, these were partially lost when we migrated to XF and it took a lot of arguing to have them reinstated.

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,534 Posts
Cool. BTW, when we do get the Card View I hope we don't lose the safety messages I inserted under the node headings, these were partially lost when we migrated to XF and it took a lot of arguing to have them reinstated.
Can I see an example of this "Safety Message" I recall talking about it in the past and want to review it.

Jeff M

·
Patrol4x4 Admin
Patrol4x4 Forum
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Can I see an example of this "Safety Message" I recall talking about it in the past and want to review it.

Jeff M
A couple of the 'safety messages' are visible in the screenshot of main menu I posted, they are under each node heading. VS wanted them gone in the migration but I stood my ground and we retained them :).

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,534 Posts
A couple of the 'safety messages' are visible in the screenshot of main menu I posted, they are under each node heading. VS wanted them gone in the migration but I stood my ground and we retained them :).
Oh yeah, I recall those, the subforum messages.

They should stay with Card View.

Jeff M

Reactions: RoscoAU
1 - 12 of 12 Posts