OneFora banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator SLKWorld
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have about 35 pages of em

As admin, i cannot get to this:

Alerts only show on a user's profile based on Days to Retain Viewed Alerts in admin.php?options/list/alerts

Thanks

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,895 Posts
There's no need to delete alerts. They will drop off after 90 days right now but the goal is to retain them forever. They take up virtually no space.

·
Patrol4x4 Admin
Patrol4x4 Forum
1,359 Posts
i have about 35 pages of em

As admin, i cannot get to this:

Alerts only show on a user's profile based on Days to Retain Viewed Alerts in admin.php?options/list/alerts

Thanks
X2 on what Mike says, this was discussed in a thread a little while back.

LOL, just checked, I have 155 pages of alerts.

·
Patrol4x4 Admin
Patrol4x4 Forum
1,359 Posts
so then u had more than 155 pages since we have the forum over 90 days now?
No, P4x4 was one of, if not, the first to go to XF way, way before me coming here.

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,556 Posts
It is not currently an option at this time but we can look at it with future features requests if we feel strongly about it.

@jbanks15 you have a very active community so think that you have a ton of alerts there. I can confirm on my AG Jeff account they only go back 90 days or 5 pages on SLKworld.

Jeff M

Reactions: jbanks15

·
Administrator SLKWorld
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is not currently an option at this time but we can look at it with future features requests if we feel strongly about it.

@jbanks15 you have a very active community so think that you have a ton of alerts there. I can confirm on my AG Jeff account they only go back 90 days or 5 pages on SLKworld.

Jeff M
Jeff...I have 36 pages

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,556 Posts
You are a very popular person.

So are you looking for a "Mark all Alerts read" option?

Jeff M

·
Administrator SLKWorld
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not mark all read. i read them all so they are already 'read',,,,I'd just like to delete/remove 'x' number of the pages
I am a neatness freak. an 'inbox' empty type of person

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,556 Posts
Not mark all read. i read them all so they are already 'read',,,,I'd just like to delete/remove 'x' number of the pages
I am a neatness freak. an 'inbox' empty type of person
Soooo, how would it work in your mind?

Clear xx number of days or by date?

Jeff M

·
Registered
Hardcoresledder
227 Posts
I personally would like to see all alerts put into a "read" section after I've read them. Then after x number of days just deleted. X = some user set time limit as everyone wants them kept differently as a mod. Some admins want them kept forever. Some mods may never read them and 5 days is enough.

Steve

·
Patrol4x4 Admin
Patrol4x4 Forum
1,359 Posts
Soooo, how would it work in your mind?

Clear xx number of days or by date?

Jeff M
My 2 cents worth, if they take up virtually no space, as was suggested earlier, why bother doing anything and further complicate the system. If they do potentially impact on other features then sure drop after x number of days, we have so mch going on I see this as being right at the bottom of the pile, we have much more important things to worry about.

Reactions: AG Jeff

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,895 Posts
Ideally, we'd like to offload older quotes & mentions from the alerts to an archive like this...

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,556 Posts
Good stuff guys!

Keeping this discussion going to try and foster some new ideas and get additional feedback.

Jeff M

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,895 Posts
Under vBulletin, all quotes & mentions are under profile page tabs and stored forever with no option to delete.

Reactions: AG Jeff
1 - 18 of 18 Posts