OneFora banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I brought this up deep in another thread but it's critical enough to warrant its own thread. I'd like to be sure this is handled before we go live to members since it's not something that can be fixed later.

I don't yet see a "log in as user" tool (equally important) so I can't test for what a user sees under their warning history.

Perhaps the single greatest moderation tool I've used over 20 years on every site has been the ability to make all warnings/infractions come from a single designated account vs. the specific mod or admin issuing it. This has not only removed any "gun-shyness" for the mods but also removes any resentment the member would have towards any particular staff member because their warning or infraction came from "the management" vs an actual person.

The last time I migrated a couple sites from vB to XF, we were able to continue that for future violations thanks to the "Warning Improvements" add on but for previously issued warnings/infractions going back years, the issuing staff members were suddenly exposed! This is one of the many things we used a freelance Xenforo pro to go in and fix before we went live.

I'd really like to be sure this essential feature can be carried over.

Reactions: liang_VS
G

·
I brought this up deep in another thread but it's critical enough to warrant its own thread. I'd like to be sure this is handled before we go live to members since it's not something that can be fixed later.

I don't yet see a "log in as user" tool (equally important) so I can't test for what a user sees under their warning history.
@VS_Sean @liangVS
For the infraction system, can we make it so that on the user side they can not see who issued the infraction but on the staff side you can?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts