Administrator
AVS Forum
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
VerticalScope
102 Posts
Hey @Mike Lang, I got some news for you.

Looks like we should be able to turn it on for you, not a problem.

This is what it will look like if the URL is left inline with text. I used https://www.engadget.com/ as an example of this one.

The other example, and you can tell me if you like it is when it is just a URL on a new line by is self we can enable it to pull some information to display in a preview of the link contents, such as title, description and image. We are ale to do both at the same time,

------------------
Here are the two examples back to back
1. Same text on the same line
2. Same text but on different lines

Let me know what you think!

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was honestly just talking about internal links to other posts from the same site reflecting the thread title vs. just the URL.

These are great too but we'd probably need to be sure any images get run through the NSFW filter?

Any time someone wants to just display a raw URL they can use the code option.

Reactions: AG Jeff

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,468 Posts
Wonder if we could have the option to collapse the "Preview image" as we do in signatures.

It might be a good option for mobile users to keep up the clean slick look and help with load times/data drain.

Jeff M

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm curious why internal links aren't converting as they do on other Xenforo sites.

·
Registered
VerticalScope
102 Posts
I was honestly just talking about internal links to other posts from the same site reflecting the thread title vs. just the URL.

These are great too but we'd probably need to be sure any images get run through the NSFW filter?

Any time someone wants to just display a raw URL they can use the code option.
With option 1 it will work for internal links as well. Part of that is working for external links as well.
With option 2 it passes through the NSFW filter so that's not an issue.

As for why it's off on here, I will look at it should be just a feature to turn back on.

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As for why it's off on here, I will look at it should be just a feature to turn back on.
Admincp - Options - Messages - Convert URLs to Page Titles

1 - 10 of 10 Posts