OneFora banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Patrol4x4 Admin
Patrol4x4 Forum
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Strange, tonight I received a PM from a member asking me to delete an add from our classifieds section for something he had sold, I was about to reply 'done', when I noticed the PM was locked for replies, this is the first time as an administrator I've encountered a 'lock' I couldn't bypass?????? Is this something that is new or simply something I've never encountered before in many years of doing this job?
Ross

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,888 Posts
Yeah, that's another one of Xenforo's oddities. Locking a conversation seems to encourage passive aggressive activity. "You're an idiot, no need to reply...lock".

There are add ons to fix it like this one or super fancy conversation add ons like this one but really there's nothing stopping you from starting a new conversation. And if it's a user just attacking staff via locked conversations just boot the member.

Reactions: RoscoAU

·
Patrol4x4 Admin
Patrol4x4 Forum
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, that's another one of Xenforo's oddities. Locking a conversation seems to encourage passive aggressive activity. "You're an idiot, no need to reply...lock".

There are add ons to fix it like this one or super fancy conversation add ons like this one but really there's nothing stopping you from starting a new conversation. And if it's a user just attacking staff via locked conversations just boot the member.
One would hope that this can be fixed globally so Admins (especially) are not locked out of anything like that. Yes I did think about starting a new convo but thought why should I! Screw him if that was his intention.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts