1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Administrator
VerticalScope
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Rectangle Triangle Font Electric blue Graphics

Hey OneFora Community,

We're excited to share the MVP (minimum viable product) features for Marketplace Rating (aka Buyer/Seller Rating). This is one of the most requested feature, and its finally here. Yes - we will have iTrader data! This will be rolling out in phases to ensure we have product fit as well as taking into consideration feedback from the communities and OneFora.

What is a Marketplace Ratings?
A reputation system (similar to iTrader plugin of the past) that will allow buyers and sellers to rate, comment and review each other based on their experience in our marketplace. This is a part of our overall effort to help build credibility for buyer and sellers in our marketplace.

Current
For MVP, we will have the following features available. An important thing to note, you will need to have marketplace nodes enabled to take advantage of this feature.
  • Leaving a review on a User Profile
    • "Leave a review" will display a popup that will allow users to
      • Rate out of 5 stars (Mandatory)
      • Select the role in the transaction (Mandatory)
      • Describe their experience (Optional)
      • Input the Marketplace Listing URL (Mandatory)

Rectangle Font Parallel Magenta Screenshot
        Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Number
  • Viewing a combined user rating (Buyer and Seller Combined) - Rating is averaged out over all reviews
    • User Info Card
    • Marketplace Listing Post
    • User Profile (New tab)
      Product Font Rectangle Screenshot Technology
Cloud Car Vehicle Sky Motor vehicle

Font Screenshot Number Rectangle Terrestrial plant

• iTrader Legacy Data
    • We have created a tool to migrate the previous existing data that communities have been waiting for. We're in the process of making sure it fits the new reputation format and will release it in phases, much like the overall ratings feature.
  • Moderator/Admin Modification of Ratings
    • Admins/Moderators will be able to edit/delete ratings
  • Reporting of ratings
    • Similar to the post reporting queue, users will be able to report spam/inappropriate ratings
Upcoming
  • Spam control / Rating Inflation(Deflation)
  • Leaving ratings on the listings directly
  • Make leaving reviews easier by enhancing the marketplace URL field
  • Prompting users to leave ratings when listings are marked as sold
  • Allowing users to edit/delete ratings
-----------------------------------------------

We look forward to your feedback on this feature! Since this is a highly requested feature, we want to make sure to include your feedback during our planning of upcoming and ! Please put any comments, questions or concerns down below, and we will be happy to answer them.

VS Product Team

PS: We're curating a roll-out site list for this feature and looking forward to seeing community feedback as well. Please let us know if you would like to partake in the initial releases and we will add you to the below.

Communities to be have this feature enabled
https://www.hkpro.com/
https://www.onefora.com
https://www.starbikeforums.com/
Ducati.ms
FocusRSOC
FocusSTOC
FiestaSTOC
MondeoSTOC
SupraForums
PlantedTank.net

Attachments

·
Senior Community Manager
OneFora Sherpa
6,119 Posts

Reactions: 37061 and OldGnome

·
Registered
FocusRSOC, FocusSTOC, FiestaSTOC, MondeoSTOC
2,320 Posts
I don't understand why Mods/Admins have the right to edit or delete ratings?
I guess if there's a case where a rating or review has been given which later proves to be false and needs amending in some way.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts

I see at least one case. Where someone rated something very poorly but intended to rate it highly. Getting the stars reverse is easy. I've seen star rating where 1 star is good and 5 stars is a degree of how bad. And just the reverse. Depends on what you have been use to seeing then realize after you rated one that it's the opposite to what you thought. There may be other reasons but that's one I can certainly see happening and contacting a mod/admin to make the change would be required.

·
Registered
EX500
669 Posts
I guess if there's a case where a rating or review has been given which later proves to be false and needs amending in some way.
I see at least one case. Where someone rated something very poorly but intended to rate it highly. Getting the stars reverse is easy. I've seen star rating where 1 star is good and 5 stars is a degree of how bad. And just the reverse. Depends on what you have been use to seeing then realize after you rated one that it's the opposite to what you thought. There may be other reasons but that's one I can certainly see happening and contacting a mod/admin to make the change would be required.
Yeah, I can see those as valid reasons for an edit. But now I'm wondering why the buyer couldn't just do that.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Yeah, I can see those as valid reasons for an edit. But now I'm wondering why the buyer couldn't just do that.
Not exactly sure how it's going to work but it's possible they can for a limited amount of time but if that time limit has passed then it's back to mods/admins. Until it rolls out we just have to wait and speculate.

Reactions: bpe

·
Administrator
VerticalScope
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Thanks mate, I didn't see that (y)
Turned it on earlier for you guys on OneFora to try out.

Not exactly sure how it's going to work but it's possible they can for a limited amount of time but if that time limit has passed then it's back to mods/admins. Until it rolls out we just have to wait and speculate.
Yes there will be limited time for edit/delete for users when it is available. Please see below for upcoming. We wanted reporting / admins to be addressed first. Users edit/deleting will be next.
Upcoming
  • Spam control / Rating Inflation(Deflation)
  • Leaving ratings on the listings directly
  • Make leaving reviews easier by enhancing the marketplace URL field
  • Prompting users to leave ratings when listings are marked as sold
  • Allowing users to edit/delete ratings
This is so when a rating is reported, they can moderate ratings. Similar to posts.

·
Administrator
AVS Forum + several others
2,920 Posts
Is there a hard time limit on leaving a review? Some users will want to go back and leave feedback for transactions that took place before this went live.

·
Administrator
VerticalScope
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Is there a hard time limit on leaving a review? Some users will want to go back and leave feedback for transactions that took place before this went live.
Right now in this MVP version, there is no timelimit. We will like to see how this does before enforcing a limit.

·
Administrator
2,920 Posts
Does the "Marketplace Listing" URL need to be a confirmed Marketplace ad or can it be an old format classified?

Or is the URL even verified at all?

·
Administrator
VerticalScope
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
FocusRSOC, FocusSTOC, FiestaSTOC, MondeoSTOC
2,320 Posts
Well to be honest I've never been able to edit a review after I've submitted it, never. So I don't know why would we allow buyers or sellers to edit them on our sites ?

·
Administrator
2,920 Posts
It has to be the confirmed marketplace URL (not the old format), hence why we need the marketplace listing enabled.
OK, asking because I know some users will want to exchange feedback on pre-marketplace transactions or complain that it doesn't work because the seller used the old format. Are we going to remove the ability to post ads in the old format at some point? The Marketplace option is still confusing for many.

Reactions: 37061 and bpe

·
Administrator
VerticalScope
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well to be honest I've never been able to edit a review after I've submitted it, never. So I don't know why would we allow buyers or sellers to edit them on our sites ?
Thinking of this from an error correction perspective, a short duration for edit would allow them to ensure they didn't submit a rating or comment in mistake. Perhaps after 24 hours, you cannot edit anymore (this is just a thought).

OK, asking because I know some users will want to exchange feedback on pre-marketplace transactions or complain that it doesn't work because the seller used the old format. Are we going to remove the ability to post ads in the old format at some point? The Marketplace option is still confusing for many.
I think this is the communities decision. We don't want to force the new format, but the new format will offer these newer features and more like this rating system. To completely remove the old format, they would just need to make the nodes on the forum a 'marketplace node', which should be a few clicks away.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts