OneFora banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Patrol4x4 Admin
Patrol4x4 Forum
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I have raised this before but may have been on home forum before coming here????? I very frequently view 'Online Members' to see what members are viewing, under the old vB we could also see what Guests were looking at which allowed us to take an even deeper look at what potential new members were viewing and steps we could take to improve what we do, this stopped at the XF migration and maybe it is time to discuss if others look at it the way I do and if there is a way forward.

·
Registered
Hardcoresledder
225 Posts
Yeah, we've had people ask in HCS about the online members as well. But there is no list for it. Lots of other ones but none for whos online. Can this be added ?

Steve

·
Registered
Hardcoresledder
225 Posts
Hmmmm where did that come from ? I could've sworn that i looked for that and didn't see it. More than once ! Geeze...

Steve

·
Patrol4x4 Admin
Patrol4x4 Forum
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,468 Posts
That has always been there under XF, it is the lack of ability to see what guests are looking at that I miss, we could see it under vB and it was a handy tool.
You can see the threads there are viewing on your community also.

Jeff M

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,468 Posts
@AG Jeff - That's only registered members, he's talking about seeing what logged out visitors are looking at.
Gotcha, we do not have that functionality at this time.

Possible low priority feature down the road.

Jeff M

·
Patrol4x4 Admin
Patrol4x4 Forum
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So many things a low priority down the road, I may need to brush up on my explanation skills it seems :).

Reactions: Old Navy

·
Patrol4x4 Admin
Patrol4x4 Forum
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bump, Bump, Bump. A very handy tool, 5 months down the track and no advancement.

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,468 Posts
We have some updates to be able to navigate to the member's page coming shortly however no plans for this at this time.

Jeff M

·
Patrol4x4 Admin
Patrol4x4 Forum
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Very handy tool Jeff as said earlier, under vB I could click on either member or guest and it would take me to what they were viewing, handy tool for planning features. Seeing as for at least P4x4, most of our 'genuine' new members were in fact guests at one time being able to see what they are viewing is priceless.
Currently looking at online members and seeing 'viewing unknown page' says absolutely nothing, if XF doesn't know what page a member is looking at we are doomed.

Reactions: jbanks15
1 - 13 of 13 Posts