OneFora banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured I'd do a quick post here on Member Profile pages.

First, I will admit, I think the member profile pages in Xenforo are quite weak.
A quick example from MacanForum.com

When you click there is almost no helpful information. The rollover (for desktop users) had almost all the pertinent info.

It seems to me that the "About" page should actually be the main page, rather than Profile Posts.

But what I'm really here to ask is..... if we could design a great member profile, what would it include on the main-page, and what would be in the Tabs.

Some thought starters:
- About Me (as the new main page)
* Showcase Items
* Signature

We could also include some activity-based things like:
- Recently posted Images (image-feed)
- Most Liked Posts (eg. what posts that they made got the most Likes; would help highlight some of their great content)
- Most Active Discussions (eg. on threads they posted, which ones got the most replies)
- Most Active Sections (eg. where do they post the most)

Social stuff:
- these could just be icons; to link over to their Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and maybe even LinkedIn?

I think then we could also keep the Latest Activity & Discussions as separate tabs.
Some sites have very active Profile Posts; others are very inactive (in this case, Macan user had none) ... what are thoughts on Profile Posts? Are you guys seeing usage of these now that sites are migrated over?

Would love to hear your thoughts, and have an active discussion to create a better Member Profiles experience!

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,869 Posts
Definitely a "threads started by" this user. There seems to be no current path to access that info at all here. Drives me nuts. o_O IMO the Discussions tab really should be that but it isn't.

Also a stat - average posts per day. How active is this user.

Followers of this user, last visitors to this profile page.

Profile posts/Visitor messages are almost never used on our site.

If a username change has ever been done, staff should be able to see a history of them for that user. Staff should also be able to see things like current reply bans in place for that member.

Ticketed # 171090464

Reactions: RoscoAU

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Definitely a "threads started by" this user. There seems to be no current path to access that info at all here. Drives me nuts. o_O IMO the Discussions tab really should be that but it isn't.

If a username change has ever been done, staff should be able to see a history of them for that user. Staff should also be able to see things like current reply bans in place for that member.
Agreed on all of those, except for one. The one I didn't like was "last visitors to this profile page" too creepy for me, but I don't feel strongly about it.

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,869 Posts
I do like the most liked/most replied to train of thought. It can encourage users to "beat their own record" with great content.

·
Registered
Hardcoresledder
225 Posts
Is there any data that's not allowed in Europe for these things though ? I think some of the limiting factor on it might be compliance with Europe's security laws around personal information.
It's getting to be that we can't even see anyone's name without it being a breach of information almost!

Steve

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,468 Posts

IMO

Agree on the first two for sure. Posts per day and threads started by are def missed.

Not into the Followed By and Last Visitors, too stalkerish but if had option to turn it off for privacy might fly.

I never use Visitor wall messages in you have Convo's. Some users also get confused if it is private or public at times.

Dig the idea about the user name change and infraction/ban history for staff.

Jeff M

·
Registered
TheNewX Admin
373 Posts
On TheNewX.org today;

What has happened to all members Avatars locations, as they are now missing?!?

Hopefully they have not been deleted - Because that would be 5 months of work down the the drain!

This also puts my Spammer Program monitoring on hold.

Old Navy

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,468 Posts
On TheNewX.org today;

What has happened to all members Avatars locations, as they are now missing?!?

Hopefully they have not been deleted - Because that would be 5 months of work down the the drain!

This also puts my Spammer Program monitoring on hold.

Old Navy
@Old Navy

Do you mean the member's flags/locations are all missing now?

@liang_VS I am not seeing them on any communities:

Text Font Line Screenshot

Jeff M

·
Registered
TheNewX Admin
373 Posts
Yes, where the member is from and the country flag are both missing. Also noted the when you click on [About], the Location: Data entry is missing, even though it is already filed out when you go to [Edit] the profile with the info.

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,468 Posts
Yes, where the member is from and the country flag are both missing. Also noted the when you click on [About], the Location: Data entry is missing, even though it is already filed out when you go to [Edit] the profile with the info.
Flagged to the teams to restore tomorrow.

Jeff M

·
Registered
TheNewX Admin
373 Posts
Another Change Request;

In the Profile Page that appears when your mouse hovers over the Avatar and you click on the (3) dots, "Ignore" is the 1st item of choice. I've by mistake have skimmed over it and/or some how clicked on several times, which resulted in me ignoring member. As I don't want to ever Ignore members, I would like to swap Option "Ignore" with "Edit".

Screenshot;

·
Registered
TheNewX Admin
373 Posts
I don't know if this was ever changed or not, but I have member who can't find all the threads they "started". Clicking on Discussions Created doesn't get you there. So I tried, but no luck. Why can't I see my own threads?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think (but @AG Jeff can confirm) that it's been waiting, as we are mostly focused on performance tickets at the moment.
Still on the list, but not yet finished

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,468 Posts
I don't know if this was ever changed or not, but I have member who can't find all the threads they "started". Clicking Discussions is not showing the Threads he "Started", It's showing all his posts. He wants the ones, (i.e. starts with him on Posts #1), he created and starting with Post #1. He does not want to see any other posts that he may have posted in that thread. I tried it on my and I am unable to find any of my threads by Post #1. Now I can find one of mine by accident, like finding Post #36 on Page 14 and saying this sounds like one of mine, then going to page 1, and finding hey it is. Why can't I see my own threads?
@Old Navy Put this one in your mod section on the home community and I will drop it to confirm and escalate if necessary.

They might just need to click the "Show More" at the bottom of the page as I was unable to reproduce.

example:

White Text Blue Font Line

I think (but @AG Jeff can confirm) that it's been waiting, as we are mostly focused on performance tickets at the moment.
Still on the list, but not yet finished
Yes, and we do have one clearing up the naming conventions the member profile page here: ref #170937495

Jeff M

1 - 18 of 18 Posts