OneFora banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Staff
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are happy to introduce a new feature called Vendor Subscriptions!

What are Vendor Subscriptions?

Vendor Subscriptions is a self-serve product that allows Vendors to sign-up as a business on the forum where they are able to purchase a vendor subscription. This grants Vendors the opportunity to engage with our users by posting about their business in the Deals and Dedicated Business Forums where they can answer user questions and offer helpful advice and information on their products and services.

What are the benefits of Vendor Subscriptions?

Vendors can:
  • Engage with our highly knowledgeable, passionate, and enthusiastic audience.
  • Grow their business and build brand awareness.
  • Drive traffic to their website.
  • Showcase their products and services.
  • Tell their Company story.
  • Conduct market research.

Note: Vendors on Supporting or Premium Vendor plans can only start threads to advertise their products in the Vendor Deals or Business Forums located in the Vendor Member Section. However, these Vendors can offer their products or services to the community members by replying to the conversations if their reply is contributing to the conversation and is relevant.

How does Vendor Subscriptions work?

1. Discover Vendor Subscriptions and learn about the packages by visiting the “Business” link in the footer of the forum.

2. Register as a Business by clicking the “Register as a Business” button at the registration screen or visit your “Account Details” page and find the “Register as a Business” link there.

3. Find your business on the Business Directory page. The link to the page is found in the footer of the forum.

4. Find your business listed under your User Profile.

5. Vendors on a Supporting or Premium Vendor plan can mark their reply with a “Business” label. This helps users, as well as admins and moderators, identify the Vendors’ replies on the forum.

6. Discover a new “My Business” menu option.

7. Visit your Business Dashboard that serves as a hub for all other business-related links.

8. Update your Business Settings on the Business Settings page.

9. Vendors on the Premium Vendor plan can create a Dedicated Business Forum by visiting the “Business Forum Manager” page.

10. Manage your plan on the “Plan and Payments” page.

11. Vendor FAQ page located in the Help section of the forum was updated with the Vendor Subscriptions related questions and answers.

What is coming up next?
  1. A Dashboard to show user-engagement data.
  2. Keyword Alerts which will send notifications when a specific word or phrase is mentioned on the forum.
  3. The ability to add additional team members to your business account.

·
Registered
FocusRSOC, FocusSTOC, FiestaSTOC, MondeoSTOC
718 Posts
If a Vendor goes for the Premium Vendor option, will somebody from the VS team set up a Forum for them, or is that something the site Admin will have to do?

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,963 Posts
Username and business name remain separate?
Can 2 or more businesses use the same business name?

Reactions: Avel Du

·
Registered
FocusRSOC, FocusSTOC, FiestaSTOC, MondeoSTOC
718 Posts
I can't reply to a post using my "Business Label"

I only get the "Reply with a Business Label" option if I've made a post and then go back to edit it.

·
Registered
WranglerForum jkowners
79 Posts
With the "Free" option what is the expectation of the mods/admins? Does this mean that any "spam" account from IN or PK can create their "free" business and it's allowed?

Under our rules business names are only allowed from Sponsoring Vendors, all others would have their user name changed. Curious what guidance you have for us to give to our staff.

Thanks,.
Jeff

·
Registered
DieselPlace
923 Posts
With the "Free" option what is the expectation of the mods/admins? Does this mean that any "spam" account from IN or PK can create their "free" business and it's allowed?

Under our rules business names are only allowed from Sponsoring Vendors, all others would have their user name changed. Curious what guidance you have for us to give to our staff.

Thanks,.
Jeff
The "Free" category is just an honorable mention of the business in the business directory.
The free listings are vetted by VS staff
Members who are in the free category cannot advertise/promote in the forum

·
Staff
306 Posts

Thanks,.
Jeff
No, spam is NEVER allowed.

·
Staff
306 Posts
The "Free" category is just an honorable mention of the business in the business directory.
The free listings are vetted by VS staff
Members who are in the free category cannot advertise/promote in the forum
Correct! We are trying to get throught them all, but it is a large list.

·
Staff
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Username and business name remain separate?
Can 2 or more businesses use the same business name?
Username and business names do remain separate but can be set up the same if the Vendor chooses so.
The business name is unique on the given forum.

·
Staff
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I can't reply to a post using my "Business Label"

I only get the "Reply with a Business Label" option if I've made a post and then go back to edit it.
You can only make a post with the "Business Label" if you are a paying business (Supporting or Premium Vendor plans). However, as an admin/moderator, you can edit any post and add/remove the label.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts