OneFora banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,556 Posts
I believe that is a leftover from the stock XF bones that we are not using at this time.

@gkatsiochristos @Product Is this something we should remove?

Jeff

·
Registered
Sax On The Web
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@gkatsiochristos @Product Is this something we should remove?
Noooo!

It is very useful to see a list of recent posts that people you follow have posted.

For example if you might follow users who seems a bit suspect. News Feed allows you to see all of those users's posts in one go without having to go the the individual profiles. . It's there for a very good reason.

·
Staff
VerticalScope
624 Posts
Have you checked Following for this?

Click on your avatar near the upper right-hand corner of the site and select “following” from the drop-down menu.

This will bring you to a page where you can choose to view followed discussions, forums, your discussions, and participated discussions.

- Cricket

Reactions: OldGnome

·
Staff
VerticalScope
624 Posts
Of course NEW displays all new unread posts and you can see a following tag.

- Cricket

Reactions: OldGnome

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,895 Posts
I don't think we offer a way to get the same default News Feed results page from Following and there's no way to get there without manually typing/bookmarking the URL.

It's essentially recent posts & reactions from people you follow without needing to go to their profiles.

·
Registered
Sax On The Web
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Click on your avatar near the upper right-hand corner of the site and select “following” from the drop-down menu.
Of course NEW displays all new unread posts and you can see a following tag.
Yes, but not the same thing as News Feed. Those are in regard to followed content, not followed users.

@Mike Lang knows what I mean

·
Registered
ChallengerForumZ
51 Posts
I cannot find News Feed. It should be there under the What's New sub navigation, but seems to be missing in action. The only way I can get there seems to be by pasting the URL in the browser:

onefora.com/whats-new/news-feed

Or maybe I'm missing something very obvious?
Just a thought, why don't you create a short cut that just carries you directly to that page? That way you don't have to copy/paste every time. My shortcut to most of the sites carry me directly to the "forums" view.

I don't see why they can't add a shortcut under the ellipsis on the toolbar like they did for the members link.

·
Registered
Sax On The Web
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just a thought, why don't you create a short cut that just carries you directly to that page?
Yes I can do that but why should I need to when it’s a standard part of the expected xenForo navigation for news feed to show in the sub menu

Most users wouldn’t know to do that, it I should just be a visible nav link.

·
Registered
ChallengerForumZ
51 Posts
Yes I can do that but why should I need to when it’s a standard part of the expected xenForo navigation for news feed to show in the sub menu

Most users wouldn’t know to do that, it I should just be a visible nav link.
I agree it should be there, only making a suggestion to make it easier for you since it's not.

·
Registered
Firearms Talk
295 Posts
I have followed a couple of members (more as a test of the function than anything else), but I can't figure out where to find those members I am following, nor do I get any kind of notification when they post. Am I expecting something to happen that won't?

·
Registered
Ramchargercentral
263 Posts
Thats what I have noticed, Thought I was doing something wrong.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yeah, I'd like to know the purpose of it too.
but I can't figure out where to find those members I am following
I'm not following anyone, but if I was, I think the list of those being followed would be accessible in my "account settings" menu.
...nor do I get any kind of notification when they post. Am I expecting something to happen that won't?
You saved me from experimenting, thanks!

I do know that if someone follows me, I get a notification. Which feels a bit creepy, tbh. I have no idea what changes at their end.

·
Registered
Firearms Talk
295 Posts
I'm not following anyone, but if I was, I think the list of those being followed would be accessible in my "account settings" menu.
Well, it does that, but it's a lot of clicks just to get to a list of those I am following. I expected more than that.

·
Registered
UberPeople
182 Posts
It used to be when you followed a member all their new posts would show up in your feed.

It was a great way to keep track of troublesome members as you could see all their recent posts in one spot.

Now I'm like y'all, I can't figure out what it does.

·
Registered
63 Posts
the only reason I "follow" a member is the "suspected" spammer: about once a week or so, I go down the list and check their posts for any editing to see if they inserted their spam links - this is their new technique as it does not reflect any notices to the person that is following them. so they have to be manually checked on occasion.
other than that, I don't use the follow function for an individual. I do follow "Threads" and I do get notifications if there is activity in the thread.

·
Registered
DieselPlace
848 Posts
I have followed a couple of members (more as a test of the function than anything else), but I can't figure out where to find those members I am following, nor do I get any kind of notification when they post. Am I expecting something to happen that won't?
If you want to see who you are following just click on your avatar in the upper right and then click on account settings.
When the page opens look on the bottom left for "following" and click on that.
It will then show you who you are following.

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,895 Posts
You can also see who's following you and who you're following under the "About" tab of your own profile page.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts