OneFora banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Patrol4x4 Admin
Patrol4x4 Forum
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was always a serial polster under vB, to gather technical info, to gather info on members preferences on various subjects and sometimes just for a laugh, but have not done one since XF was installed. I really like having more than 10 options, man that would have come in handy in the past. What has changed is that as an administrator I could always see results without voting and that does not seem to be available now unless I'm missing something, have been right over it but cannot find a way past without opening the poll to everyone, which I think impedes on the purpose of a poll.

Also as an Admin we could see who voted for what which was quite handy in overall understanding of how things worked and that has disappeared as well so it seems.

Reactions: Old Navy

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,895 Posts
There's no "view results" button?

As for who voted, there are add ons like the aptly named "Who Voted" that adds a button for staff. Shouldn't too difficult to replicate.

·
Patrol4x4 Admin
Patrol4x4 Forum
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There's no "view results" button?

View attachment 3963

As for who voted, there are add ons like the aptly named "Who Voted" that adds a button for staff. Shouldn't too difficult to replicate.

View attachment 3964
That is what I'm referring to, you can only view results if that is switched on in the poll setup pane, but in the past as Admins we could view everything at any time under the old system.

·
Registered
TheNewX Admin
375 Posts
Yep - Now if you turn that option on, EVERYONE, can see who is voting for who. On vB only Admin / Mods could see voting results until poll closure. In vB we also an option key "Show who voted at that end of poll" or something like that.

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,556 Posts
+carly
@AG Jeff

Give the CM team some time to play around with this and see what we can do :D

Helena
Testing Polls here and you can toggle if you want to view the results of the poll if there are tagged public.

So you guys want the Mods/Admins to always be able to see results whether if public or not?

Jeff M

·
Patrol4x4 Admin
Patrol4x4 Forum
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Testing Polls here and you can toggle if you want to view the results of the poll if there are tagged public.

So you guys want the Mods/Admins to always be able to see results whether if public or not?

Jeff M
Absobloodylutely ;), that was the last part of my original post.

Reactions: AG Jeff

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,556 Posts
@liangVS this looks like a design/product tweak right?

Jeff M

·
Staff
GamingFora
356 Posts
I looked into it, there doesn't seem to be any built-in options for us to set with.
This was brought up in xenforo forum before https://xenforo.com/community/threads/poll-results-for-admins.66095/

To do this properly, we would need to work with xenforo's forum side permission system to make a new permission. I'll bring this in for discussion and will provide update afterwards.

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,895 Posts
In the meantime it looks like you can edit the poll to make results visible to all for a few seconds to view if needed before changing it back.

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,895 Posts
Confirmed, I just did it on a test poll & was in & out in a few seconds.

Reactions: liang_VS

·
Patrol4x4 Admin
Patrol4x4 Forum
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Confirmed, I just did it on a test poll & was in & out in a few seconds.
Not sure I would consider that a viable long term option, for several reasons.

·
Registered
TheNewX Admin
375 Posts
So what happened to this? Looks like it died. Check Admin CP / Poll choices, but wasn't listed as an option;
  • Admins being able to monitor poll results w/o going public.
  • A log to indicate "Who Voted for Who".
On vB we used both of these to monitor for suspicious activity, like;
  • Members trying to stack the deck in their favor for photo entries contests.

·
Staff
193 Posts
Currently, it looks like all the options are the ones we have while creating a poll. As Liang stated above, this would require work with xenforo's forum side permissions to make customizations. @liang_VS were you able to find anything more on this?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts