OneFora banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Patrol4x4 Admin
Patrol4x4 Forum
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was going to keep this in house at P4x4 with modadmins but I think this really needs to be up front and centre just in case.
Received a complaint from a member about an advertisement between posts, he sent me a screenshot. The 'News Site' is called BestOfhaut.com http://bestofhaut.com/ I informed him I don't see adds so I would be relying on him for feedback, when he went back to where he saw it, it was gone. I went to the site and looked for any reference to Mike Baird but after several tries I couldn't find one.
This is the screenshot of the add with the members comment:

This goes back a few months where Mike Baird (who was the Premier of NSW) complained and had the fake news investigated, links supplied.

This is a scam add, how does it happen?

Ross

G

·
Let me get some more information on how the ads are chosen.

For now, if you get an ad that you think is inappropriate, just get the user to send a screenshot (a link to the ad does help) and report it to us in the admin area. Or have the user post in the feedback thread.

Helena
Edit #9 January 2

·
Patrol4x4 Admin
Patrol4x4 Forum
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Let me get some more information on how the ads are chosen.

For now, if you get an ad that you think is inappropriate, just get the user to send a screenshot (a link to the ad does help) and report it to us in the admin area. Or have the user post in the feedback thread.

Helena
Here's another complaint received this morning, will inform members of your instruction.
Ross

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,869 Posts
Even worse are the ads that completely take over the browser redirecting you to another site and the user's only recourse is to kill the session.

·
Patrol4x4 Admin
Patrol4x4 Forum
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Even worse are the ads that completely take over the browser redirecting you to another site and the user's only recourse is to kill the session.
This add is proven BS and could possibly take a nasty direction so not sure it's worse, super inconvenient? yes.

·
Patrol4x4 Admin
Patrol4x4 Forum
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@HelenaB re the new one I put up today with chiraric.au under the face of a local celebrity, I can't find that site anywhere so no idea what is going on, but it doesn't sound good. BTW the Chris they talk about is the owner of a Veterinary Hospital at Bondi in Sydney, who has his own TV show, so he's a draw card for some.

Have told the guy who alerted me to PM me any further false adds he has seen and to keep it to himself for the time being, I decided to keep this out of mainstream as we could have people complaining about adds they just don't like, have also informed my fellow admins and mods of this course of action, so, it will be handled in future via area 51, look forward to your feedback.

·
Patrol4x4 Admin
Patrol4x4 Forum
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The member contacted me this morning to say the 'adds' had gone, was something changed or is it just coincidence and they will return?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts