OneFora banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should the userbit post count link to a search of their posts?

eg.

this:

would go to something like this (with a better title, etc.):

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,971 Posts
Right now hovering over (or clicking on) the user breaks it down into 2 categories with links...replies & discussions. But sure, the front link could do both.

On that topic, how far back will search results go for members with 20 years and possibly 100,000+ post counts? Can we handle that now or do we still need to put a cap on it only returning the most recent X posts?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right now, we are limited to 200 results. That should be fixed within 1 or 2 weeks. Then it will just be about pagination or infinite scroll. But yes, our search engine is capable (and scaleable) to handle someone with 100k posts.

My thought is it should be all their posts (including 'threads they started (discussions)' and 'threads they replied to (replies)') and should probably have a nice title like "Mike Lang's Posts" rather than search results.

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,971 Posts
Can an infinite scroll be accomplished on thread pages? For me, one of Xenforo’s few drawback is no custom “posts per page” setting. I was under the impression it messed with permalinks.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can an infinite scroll be accomplished on thread pages? For me, one of Xenforo’s few drawback is no custom “posts per page” setting. I was under the impression it messed with permalinks.
It would be a much bigger under-taking to add infinite scroll to threadview, and does affect navigation quite a bit. Its probably a lower priority item for us.
I don't think the investment is worth the gain yet.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A brand new infinite scroll plugin for thread listings just dropped this week - [BS] Unlimited scroll
Hmmm - I'm not sure they handled the SEO right on this one for Google crawlers to follow (just looking at the video, and not having actually installed it). We'll look at it more closely, but that was one of our stumbling blocks.
For what its worth.... most of these plugins won't work on our install due the amount of customization that has been done, and is required with the multi-forum code. But, its helpful to see how others have solved the problem, and take away any ideas that might work for us.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts