OneFora banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
StingrayForums. Admin & Moderator
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to understand how the list of "Recommended Communities" is populated on the landing page. Specifically, on our site, one of the Recommended Communities is a 'competing' Corvette forum, yet we are not similarly listed on their landing page as one of the Recommended Communities.:(

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,895 Posts
I believe I was once told they aim for two "similar" forums and then one newer forum that's most likely unrelated to potentially help grow it.

Reactions: AG Jeff

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,556 Posts
That is correct, thanks, Mike.

Some more info on this on these from our 30/30's

Recommended Communities
We recently launched an update to our Recommended Communities widget found in the right-hand column of our California sites. The data team built the recommendations based upon the commonality of users across our platform. The data seems to have improved click-thru rates, and we're experiencing an enhanced level of engagement that is highlighted in the chart below:
www.onefora.com/threads/thirty-thirty-september-2020.38467/#post-117801

Updating Popular Communities to Recommended Communities
In an effort to provide content that is relevant to the community, we are updating our Popular Communities section to Recommended Communities. This section will feature a new look, including rounded avatars, member count display change, and a “New” badge beside our up and coming communities. The information will be populated by an algorithm to provide recommendations to introduce the user to other communities they may be interested in. The first iteration of this update was launched on September 10th.

Jeff

Reactions: Mike Lang

·
Registered
StingrayForums. Admin & Moderator
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Based on that, I certainly hope StingrayForums will be appearing on other VS Recommended Communities listing. :cool:

·
Registered
Hardcoresledder
227 Posts
IME that's been happening. Example is the updated snowmobiling forums show other VS forums as well. Lots of people then sign up and post (usually the same questions) on to several of those linked forums. It works.

·
Registered
Michigan-Sportsman
44 Posts
We haven't been seeing forums recommended that have anything to do with the Outdoors for the most part.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts