OneFora banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Staff
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Onefora Release Date: June 14th
Production Release Date: June 15th.

Rectangle Font Logo Magenta Fashion accessory

Summary of Changes - User Facing

Featured Threads
Fix
: Moderating a Featured Thread with NSFW (Not Safe for Work)
  • Issue: Mod/Admin would moderate the image on a Featured Thread as NSFW but it would not be removed from the list and would still be displayed.
  • Status: Resolved. The Mod/Admin can moderate a featured thread with NSFW and it will be removed from the homepage.
Feature: Ability for Admins to edit Topical info in the Admin Panel
  • We have added the ability to edit topical info in the admin panel under Profile Info for Admins.
Product Update

We have been diligently working to finalize our content tag feature, and hope to release it to Onefora within the next 2-4 weeks!
In addition to this, we have queued up an epic to introduce additional Reactions to our forums, in this update a user will be able to react with (Like, Love, Haha, Wow, Sad, Angry) to a post/thread/article/comment/image.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to reach out to the product or CM team: @gkatsiochristos, @jtonge, @Lalji, @AG Jeff!

·
Registered
484 Posts
There will be a few more fixes/updates/accessability issues in this update as well as what is noted above?? IE the above is not a complete list? @AG Jeff knows what I'm asking about 😉

·
Staff
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There will be a few more fixes/updates/accessability issues in this update as well as what is noted above?? IE the above is not a complete list? @AG Jeff knows what I'm asking about 😉
This is the full list for 111. You might be referring to release 110. Where we had the following User facing updates:
  • Sorting by Most recent/Most Relevant after completing a search by Username.
    • Issue: When a User navigated to the “Advanced Search '' page, conducted a search by username, and attempted to sort by “Most Relevant/Most Recent” it would redirect the User to the “Advanced Search” page.
    • Status: This issue has been resolved with this release. The User can now sort the results page by “Most Relevant/Most Recent” without being redirected to the “Advanced Search” page.
  • Dark mode Improvements
    • We have updated the colour scheme for the pop-up background in dark mode. This change makes the pop-up more prominent and separates it from the background.

We also have additional accessibility work queued up for the team to address in the next 2 months. @AG Jeff what is @LeonardoDaBenz asking about? I want to know! ;)

·
Registered
484 Posts
@AG Jeff what is @LeonardoDaBenz asking about? I want to know! ;)
Since you asked so nicely 😉 : Vehicle Details accessability for staff. This goes by different names in different forums (Vehicle Details, My Favourite Topic are two versions of the same data point) but all are only accessable by the member.

Access was to be included in last week's update...but wasn't.

·
Staff
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Since you asked so nicely 😉 : Vehicle Details accessibility for staff. This goes by different names in different forums (Vehicle Details, My Favourite Topic are two versions of the same data point) but all are only accessible by the member.

Access was to be included in last week's update...but wasn't.
hmmm, we had work queued up to add the ability to edit topical info in the admin panel. There was no designated release for this. But the issue was completed, and it will be released in 111. I can update the notes, and make that a user-facing change.

·
Registered
SLKWorld and CX30talk
124 Posts
Feature: Ability for Admins to edit Topical info in the Admin Panel
  • We have added the ability to edit topical info in the admin panel under Profile Info for Admins.
Product Update

We have been diligently working to finalize our content tag feature, and hope to release it to Onefora within the next 2-4 weeks!
In addition to this, we have queued up an epic to introduce additional Reactions to our forums, in this update a user will be able to react with (Like, Love, Haha, Wow, Sad, Angry) to a post/thread/article/comment/image.
Sorry - two quick questions:
  1. What do you define as 'Topical Info'? And why only the Admin to enter/edit this?
  2. How would we benefit from 'Content Tagging'? Who defines the tags used? The poster? Or do we (mods/admins) define available tags in advance for the poster(s) to select?

Reactions: Avel Du

·
Staff
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry - two quick questions:
  1. What do you define as 'Topical Info'? And why only the Admin to enter/edit this?
  2. How would we benefit from 'Content Tagging'? Who defines the tags used? The poster? Or do we (mods/admins) define available tags in advance for the poster(s) to select?
Happy Monday!
1. Topical info can be added to a Users profile i.e. I am a member of hyundai-forums and I want to enter vehicle details/a custom title to my profile (Vehicle details: 2021 Tucson. Custom Title: Hyundai CEO). Previously, there was no way for admins to edit the "topical info" on the user's profile. So, if we had a member adding information that was incorrect, violated guidelines, etc... it could not be edited. This has been resolved with this release. @AG Jeff can add additional context if needed. :)
2. Content Tags: We are introducing the ability for users to tag content to help organize content and make it easier for the community to find specific content of interest. These tags become links, allowing topics that discuss similar things to be grouped and searched. For more information please reference our most recent Thirty Thirty update here. We will be releasing additional information ahead of our launch on Onefora. Thank you!

·
Registered
484 Posts
Previously, there was no way for admins to edit the "topical info" on the user's profile. So, if we had a member adding information that was incorrect, violated guidelines, etc... it could not be edited. This has been resolved with this release. @AG Jeff can add additional context if needed. :)
This comment didn't answer my related question (before): only admin? or was your comment just a "mispoke" and it DOES include s/mods? I have a follow up question depending on your answer 😉

·
Registered
DieselPlace
787 Posts
I'm glad to see the Topical information issue getting addressed.

In our Community, we are seeing more members filling out the Topical info with their vehicle info instead of using the Signature as it's meant to be and... being unable to edit this I was expecting someone to figure this out and place NSFW text in there at some point.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I'm glad to see the Topical information issue getting addressed.

In our Community, we are seeing more members filling out the Topical info with their vehicle info instead of using the Signature as it's meant to be and... being unable to edit this I was expecting someone to figure this out and place NSFW text in there at some point.

That is exactly our thoughts on not being able to edit ANY of the profile fields.
The crackpots have yet to figure out that staff cannot maintain certain areas of the profile area.
Eventually they will.
Usually, that results in a bunch of others catching on to the idea.

Still seems nuts to me.
Hopefully, this update addresses the (well documented) issue that we have raised many times.

Reactions: savcom and jbanks15

·
Registered
SLKWorld and CX30talk
124 Posts
2. Content Tags: We are introducing the ability for users to tag content to help organize content and make it easier for the community to find specific content of interest. These tags become links, allowing topics that discuss similar things to be grouped and searched. For more information please reference our most recent Thirty Thirty update here. We will be releasing additional information ahead of our launch on Onefora. Thank you!
That's great, if our members know a) how to use it when posting and b) how to use it when searching. Will there be a user-centric user guide written or do we all have to do our own?
Will the tags be useable by non-members? If so, that's a bit of a downer, as there's less incentive for them to join, then.

Reactions: TexasRoses

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,468 Posts
This comment didn't answer my related question (before): only admin? or was your comment just a "mispoke" and it DOES include s/mods? I have a follow up question depending on your answer 😉
Only Admins will be able to update the "Topical Info" field in the Admin CP that will roll out with tomorrow's update.

Jeff

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,468 Posts
That's great, if our members know a) how to use it when posting and b) how to use it when searching. Will there be a user-centric user guide written or do we all have to do our own?
Will the tags be useable by non-members? If so, that's a bit of a downer, as there's less incentive for them to join, then.
I believe we will be putting together a FAQ and they can only be used by Registered Users.

More info to come.

Jeff

·
Staff
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I believe the negative reactions should be removed as stated.

@gkatsiochristos Please confirm.

Jeff
The scope of work is to restore the reaction types listed above with neutral or positive scores. i.e. angry, sad, wow reactions will have a neutral score. If the CM team would like to further customize what is enabled on certain sites, reaction types can be toggled off in the admin panel.

@Pete Thomas that is a great note. In the first iteration we will only enable the 6 reaction types listed above. In phase 2/3 we are planning to introduce additional reaction types.

·
Registered
DieselPlace
787 Posts
I believe the negative reactions should be removed as stated.

@gkatsiochristos Please confirm.

Jeff
Sad and angry reactions can be used, for example, a newspaper article that is posted on upcoming emissions regulations or a news headlline that draws an angry or sad reaction..

I wouldn't necessarily call them negative

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.