GamingFora
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Font Logo Art Graphics Electric blue

OneFora Release Date: Friday, September 10
Target Release Date: Tuesday, September 14
Summary of Changes - User Facing
  • Content shifting
    • Fixed an issue where ads loading would push the content of the page down.
  • Login Redirect
    • Fixed an issue where when the user logs in with two-factor authentication, they are not redirected back to where they came from.
  • User Name Update
    • New users registered within 90 days will now be able to update their username once.
  • Vendor Subscriptions
    • Fixed an issue where placeholders for business logos on the Business Directory page were not showing up in Firefox.
    • Fixed the extra spacing issue on top of the Business page, the link to which can be found in the footer of each forum.
  • Read History Record
    • Currently extended read history record from 30 days to 365 days on skyscrapercity.com and benzworld.org, and we didn't see any impact on performance.
    • Targeting global update on September 10th.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to reach out to us in the comments below.

·
Registered
FocusRSOC, FocusSTOC, FiestaSTOC, MondeoSTOC
489 Posts
Will staff get a notification when this is done (ie member xyz has changed his username)? Being able to track trouble makers is the reason I ask.
Good question, and do new users really need 90 days to decide what username they want, I'd have thought a couple of days, or a week at the most would be enough for them to have a change of mind or to correct any typing error?

·
Registered
434 Posts
90 days? Far too long.
A month maximum, but I'd opt for a week.
It is not as if they cannot have their username changed for them.

Whilst I get the benefit of being able to lose an email username, or a misspelling, 90 days is overkill.

·
Registered
DieselPlace
831 Posts
Will staff get a notification when this is done (ie member xyz has changed his username)? Being able to track trouble makers is the reason I ask.
Good question, and do new users really need 90 days to decide what username they want, I'd have thought a couple of days, or a week at the most would be enough for them to have a change of mind or to correct any typing error?
There's nothing really to track. It's only for new members, only for 90 days, and they get one change. (y)

"New users registered within 90 days will now be able to update their username once".

·
Registered
DieselPlace
831 Posts
90 days? Far too long.
A month maximum, but I'd opt for a week.
It is not as if they cannot have their username changed for them.

Whilst I get the benefit of being able to lose an email username, or a misspelling, 90 days is overkill.
I agree, I think 30 days should be sufficient but.. C'est la vie.

·
Registered
pacificaforums
28 Posts
This feature, for whatever length is chosen, is a good idea. I have seen new users using their email address as a user name. Having to contact an admin to change the username could take quite some time. At least from my experience. So having a moderator message the new user to change their username, giving instructions, can get this done almost immediately.

Now if Moderators could be given the ability to change a username??????

·
Registered
434 Posts
Hope this has been bomb proofed.
By which I mean.

Members who lose login etc and rejoin without contacting staff. Username 'A'
They then register again with username 'B' but find out that they can change username.
IF they (or A.N.Other member) then try to change username to 'A' (the original name) will the forum software still pick up that it is a duplicate username? Like it does when registering.

Reactions: HeyChris

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,888 Posts
Each account would need to have both a unique username as well as a unique email address.

Reactions: Avel Du

·
Registered
473 Posts
Seeing a lot of this right after the weekly upgrade: An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later.

·
Registered
StingrayForums. Admin & Moderator
137 Posts
Just had an issue possibly related to this update: When I checked on our forum stingrayforums.com every post on every thread was marked as NEW. It wasn't that way when I was on about an hour previously. I had to use the Mark All As Read to reset.

·
Registered
MG-Rover
129 Posts
Just had an issue possibly related to this update: When I checked on our forum stingrayforums.com every post on every thread was marked as NEW. It wasn't that way when I was on about an hour previously. I had to use the Mark All As Read to reset.
I had the very same problem on four (4) forums I checked and that was not the situation an hour or so ago. All 4 forums had exactly the same situation.

·
Registered
DieselPlace
831 Posts
I had the very same problem on four (4) forums I checked and that was not the situation an hour or so ago. All 4 forums had exactly the same situation.
Probably just a glitch in the Matrix.
Tuesdays are update days so I would image the system reset after an update causing the queue to reset

·
Registered
SkyRoadster
149 Posts
I am seeing it on one of my forums but not the others, so either it isn't universal or they are late being updated.

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,888 Posts
Yeah several sections were suddenly unread after the update today even though there were no new posts.

It must have something to do with adjusting read markers out to 365 days.

·
Registered
TheReefTank
268 Posts
Same here....,,almost every forum on our site was 'highlighted, as in something new in them'....there wasn't. Had to tediously go in and mark all as read.....oh my aching fingers. 😁
Hack

·
Staff
GamingFora
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah several sections were suddenly unread after the update today even though there were no new posts.

It must have something to do with adjusting read markers out to 365 days.
Same here....,,almost every forum on our site was 'highlighted, as in something new in them'....there wasn't. Had to tediously go in and mark all as read.....oh my aching fingers. 😁
Hack

Yeah, that's the by-product, unfortunately. You'll have to mark all read again. After that, it should be all good. You can mark all new threads read with 1 command on the New page btw.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

@Jan can you post a screenshot when you see it again? Thank you

1 - 20 of 26 Posts