OneFora banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
SkyRoadster
174 Posts
Same here....,,almost every forum on our site was 'highlighted, as in something new in them'....there wasn't. Had to tediously go in and mark all as read.....oh my aching fingers. 😁
Hack
Can't you use the "Mark All Read" button on the "What's New" page? I made sure that I had read everything that was actually new and then blanked out the old ones.

Edit: Oops. Just saw that I hadn't read everything before posting.

·
Registered
Lotustalk Administrator
106 Posts
We usually do name changes for users. I see a lot of potential for confusion or abuse. If I suspect someone of being spam potential but let pass and keep their name to watch further then there's now no way to keep up without going into user changes and checking.

·
Registered
495 Posts
We usually do name changes for users. I see a lot of potential for confusion or abuse. If I suspect someone of being spam potential but let pass and keep their name to watch further then there's now no way to keep up without going into user changes and checking.
Very good point.

We raise a watch thread in Area 51 for those we have doubts about.
Although the text body has link to profile page, the title would no longer match.

If this feature is to happen, an alert to team would be good.
Some abusive names may not get flagged by system due to smart rrsed (you see?) use of alternatives.

Edit: As AG Jeff points out in his reply below. This feature has an on/off toggle.

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,794 Posts
Very good point.

We raise a watch thread in Area 51 for those we have doubts about.
Although the text body has link to profile page, the title would no longer match.

If this feature is to happen, an alert to team would be good.
Some abusive names may not get flagged by system due to smart rrsed (you see?) use of alternatives.
Note the feature can be toggled off per community.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Note the feature can be toggled off per community.
Brilliant. I prefer updates that suit some, but not other forums to have that toggle.
It helps forums keep their identity.

Thanks for pointing it out @AG Jeff

Reactions: AG Jeff
21 - 30 of 30 Posts