379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Font Logo Art Graphics Electric blue

OneFora Release Date: Monday, September 27
Target Global Release Date: Tuesday, September 28

Summary of Changes
Font Screenshot Multimedia Technology Software

• Google One Tap
    • We will start testing the new Google OneTap feature on some selected sites before the global release. This will improve user login and sign-up experience.
      • If you have an account, you will be able to log in with 1 tap.
      • If you don't, you will be able to easily create one from Google.
    • This feature does not support all browser / devices, notably on iOS.
    • Rectangle Font Screenshot Pattern Parallel
  • Market Place
    • Fixed the issue where a Buy&Sell thread status can be overridden to a regular prefix.
    • Fixed an issue where location autofill doesn’t work under IE.
    • Fixed an issue where the background color of the drop-down fields in the Item Category is wrong under certain circumstances.
  • Lazy Load Image Improvement
    • Extended the pre-lazy load range to pre-load more images before they are scrolled up into the screen, improving the reading experience.
    • This is part of our on-going effort to improve user experience based on Announcement - NPS Survey Results
  • Self-Serve Username Update
    • Fixed an issue where account without passwords can’t update their username.
    • User will now get an email notification when their username is updated.
  • Thread Creation
    • Fixed the issue where the “Watch This Discussion” text is repeated on the email notification checkbox option.
    • The “Start Discussion” Button has been renamed to “Create Post”.
  • Contact Us
    • Added a new “Ban Appeal” category for contact reasons.
  • Spam Fighting
    • Threads created with URL as the title will now be automatically sent to the moderator approval queue.

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,794 Posts
Thanks for the update!

Reactions: liang_VS

·
Registered
FocusRSOC, FocusSTOC, FiestaSTOC, MondeoSTOC
718 Posts
  • Thread Creation
Also has the 'Discussions created' in a Member's Profile been changed to avoid any confusion? Starting a new topic should be called by the same name everywhere on the site.

·
Staff
GamingFora
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also has the 'Discussions created' in a Member's Profile been changed to avoid any confusion? Starting a new topic should be called by the same name everywhere on the site.
Good feedback, thank you. Yeah we are planning to address the naming inconsistencies across the site. This one is just a starting effort.

·
Registered
Lotustalk Administrator
106 Posts
View attachment 8323

OneFora Release Date: Monday, September 27
Target Global Release Date: Tuesday, September 28

Summary of Changes
  • Google One Tap
    • We will start testing the new Google OneTap feature on some selected sites before the global release. This will improve user login and sign-up experience.
  • Market Place
    • Fixed the issue where a Buy&Sell thread status can be overridden to a regular prefix.
    • Fixed an issue where location autofill doesn’t work under IE.
    • Fixed an issue where the background color of the drop-down fields in the Item Category is wrong under certain circumstances.
  • Lazy Load Image Improvement
    • Extended the pre-lazy load range to pre-load more images before they are scrolled up into the screen, improving the reading experience.
  • Self-Serve Username Update
    • Fixed an issue where account without passwords can’t update their username.
    • User will now get an email notification when their username is updated.
  • Thread Creation
    • Fixed the issue where the “Watch This Discussion” text is repeated on the email notification checkbox option.
  • Contact Us
    • Added a new “Ban Appeal” category for contact reasons.
  • Spam Fighting
    • Threads created with “http” or “https” in the title will now be automatically sent to the moderator approval queue.
One the username update is that giving user ability to change their name?

·
Registered
Lotustalk Administrator
106 Posts
Wow what is reasoning behind that? I see so much confusion potential as well abuse potential.

·
Staff
306 Posts
Wow what is reasoning behind that? I see so much confusion potential as well abuse potential.
@jpishgar or @AG Jeff would be the best to answer, but I'll give it a go.

According to the community management team here, we receive a lot of requests from users who signed up with the wrong name. For example, they use their real name and then realize that it is shown on their posts and would like to change it.

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,794 Posts
@jpishgar or @AG Jeff would be the best to answer, but I'll give it a go.

According to the community management team here, we receive a lot of requests from users who signed up with the wrong name. For example, they use their real name and then realize that it is shown on their posts and would like to change it.
Yup,

We get flooded in Contact Us tickets with the new users requesting name changes as they sometimes use their Facebook name or email by mistake when they first sign up.

This feature can be toggled off per community if it becomes a problem.

·
Registered
Lotustalk Administrator
106 Posts
Yup,

We get flooded in Contact Us tickets with the new users requesting name changes as they sometimes use their Facebook name or email by mistake when they first sign up.

This feature can be toggled off per community if it becomes a problem.
Ok I will keep an eye on it. We usually do name changes for members.

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,963 Posts
Yeah, send it to me and I'll write it down. Tyty :P:
(Bug) Post Count Math and Naming Confusion - NC-2066

Depending where you look on this platform:

Posts might be called messages or even replies.
Threads might be called discussions.
Private messages might be called conversations.
Following might be called subscribed or even watched.

I would think the thread creation button would be called "Create Thread" or "Create Discussion" and not "Create Post". Otherwise you're now adding "post" into the confusion of "threads/discussions".

·
Registered
485 Posts
It might be an idea to change that threshold to an certain number of posts. Occasionally we receive an email from someone who registered many years ago but never posted much back then, and now decided he wants to get active again with a new name.

·
Registered
461 Posts
+99 from me. Create Thread/Discussion has more of an affirmative connotation to it. Creating a 'post' is simply making a response within an active Thread/Discussion.

...I would think the thread creation button would be called "Create Thread" or "Create Discussion" and not "Create Post". Otherwise you're now adding "post" into the confusion of "threads/discussions"...

·
Registered
495 Posts
Lots here about the self serve name change:

1 - 20 of 65 Posts