OneFora banner
21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,794 Posts
It might be an idea to change that threshold to an certain number of posts. Occasionally we receive an email from someone who registered many years ago but never posted much back then, and now decided he wants to get active again with a new name.
That is a very obscure use case, 90 days should cover most of them. There will always be one-offs that can still use Contact Us.

·
Registered
495 Posts
That is a very obscure use case, 90 days should cover most of them. There will always be one-offs that can still use Contact Us.
Tends to be vehicle forums as they move to another model. They originally own eg Honda 400four and have that in name, but then move on to VFR750 and want to adapt name to reflect.
Not hard to sort for forum admin.

Reactions: Lalji

·
Staff
306 Posts
(Bug) Post Count Math and Naming Confusion - NC-2066

Depending where you look on this platform:

Posts might be called messages or even replies.
Threads might be called discussions.
Private messages might be called conversations.
Following might be called subscribed or even watched.

I would think the thread creation button would be called "Create Thread" or "Create Discussion" and not "Create Post". Otherwise you're now adding "post" into the confusion of "threads/discussions".
It is important we fix this for consistency and to reduce confusion! These are usually easy to fix.

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,963 Posts
It is important we fix this for consistency and to reduce confusion! These are usually easy to fix.
Once these are all cleaned up and consistent, we’ll need to update references to them like the FAQ.

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,794 Posts
(Bug) Post Count Math and Naming Confusion - NC-2066

Depending where you look on this platform:

Posts might be called messages or even replies.
Threads might be called discussions.
Private messages might be called conversations.
Following might be called subscribed or even watched.

I would think the thread creation button would be called "Create Thread" or "Create Discussion" and not "Create Post". Otherwise you're now adding "post" into the confusion of "threads/discussions".
Mike, do you want to get a separate "Naming Confusion" thread going in Bugs so we can better track all this one and all the feedback? Then I can follow up with a ticket.

NC-2066 is more for the replies/post count issues. Updated title to keep it focused.

Reactions: Avel Du

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,794 Posts
UPDATE:

This release might be delayed up to 24 hours to sort out a quick hotfix.

I will update with more info as it comes in.

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,794 Posts

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,794 Posts
^ sending into QA, thanks.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts