19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Font Art Logo Graphics Electric blue

Target OneFora Release Date:
Friday, Oct 22, 2021
Target Global Release Date: Tuesday, Oct 26, 2021

Summary of Changes - User Facing
  • Multi-Image Upload
    • Users will be able to upload multiple images as attachments in one shot instead of having to upload each image one by one.
  • Admin Panel
    • The issue where the Node Description field was missing when creating or editing nodes has been resolved.
  • Necro Post Warning
    • Users will see a warning indicating they are reviving an old thread and may not receive a response when replying to threads where responses are at least 6 months old.
  • Image Viewing
    • Space is reserved for images before thread content is fully loaded to prevent content shifting. This will improve the overall reading experience.
Cheers for Google One Tap!
  • Since the global release of Google One Tap Oct 13, 2021 we’ve seen great results with a significant increase in new users and engagement! We’ll continue to monitor results.

·
Patrol4x4 Admin
Patrol4x4 Forum
1,579 Posts
Node description, I look forward to that being fixed on our site.

·
Registered
Lotustalk Administrator
147 Posts
All great improvements! I question the last bullet. We have loads of new members but they are not using nor engaging the site past registration. Introductions are way down from prior to a month ago and any new member that posts I then will send the Welcome PM that I used to send to everyone and encourage them to introduce themselves. By in large they ignore introductions without the ban rule. Is there a way you could incorporate them having to introduce themselves as part of the registration process?

·
Registered
SIGTalk Optimaforums
130 Posts
  • Admin Panel
    • The issue where the Node Description field was missing when creating or editing nodes has been resolved.
  • Necro Post Warning
    • Users will see a warning indicating they are reviving an old thread and may not receive a response when replying to threads where responses are at least 6 months old.
Yay! Thank you!

·
Registered
SIGTalk Optimaforums
130 Posts
Cheers for Google One Tap!
  • Since the global release of Google One Tap Oct 13, 2021 we’ve seen great results with a significant increase in new users and engagement! We’ll continue to monitor results.
I've noted a significant increase in new registrations in the last week - it must be working :)

·
Registered
339 Posts
Admin Panel
Tharshika G, IIRC we were limited as to how many characters we could use in the old description fields. That limit was fine in some of my forums but I felt like others were lacking. Is there any chance of an increase in the number of characters we might be allowed to use?

·
Registered
StingrayForums. Admin & Moderator
149 Posts
Target OneFora Release Date: Friday, Oct 22, 2021
Target Global Release Date: Tuesday, Oct 26, 2021

Summary of Changes - User Facing
  • Multi-Image Upload
    • Users will be able to upload multiple images as attachments in one shot instead of having to upload each image one by one.
This much appreciated! Thanks ?

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
4,235 Posts
Tharshika G, IIRC we were limited as to how many characters we could use in the old description fields. That limit was fine in some of my forums but I felt like others were lacking. Is there any chance of an increase in the number of characters we might be allowed to use?
How many do you need and can you give us an example of where it is too short?

·
Registered
339 Posts
How many do you need and can you give us an example of where it is too short?
Hey Jeff,
I asked this question before the new descriptions were put in place because in the past there did seem to be a need for longer descriptions, but I just did a quick survey and the descriptions I saw seem to be sufficient at this time. My staff and I will have a closer look at the rest over the course of time and if we discover a need for any longer descriptions I'll give you a holler, but lets let it ride for now.
As always, thanks for your timely reply.
Bill

1 - 20 of 29 Posts