Staff
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Font Art Logo Graphics Electric blue

Target OneFora Release Date: Friday, Oct 29, 2021
Target Global Release Date: Tuesday, Nov 02, 2021

Summary of Changes

• Icon and Number Alignment
    • The issue where comments and views icons and numbers are misaligned has been corrected.
  • Unread Threads
    • The issue where threads in a forum were automatically being marked as read has been resolved.
    • New font color is being used to help logged-in users better distinguish between read and unread threads in Dark Mode.
      • This is based on the feedback we received from our user survey.
  • Images & Gallery
    • The issue where image uploads failed if the extension (ex: jpeg, png) was capitalized has been resolved.
    • The issue where a user’s media upload does not appear in their profile’s media or gallery has been resolved.
    • A shimmer solution has been implemented when images are loading in a thread. (removing from this release as commented below; will look to include in the next release)
  • Google One Tap
    • One Tap will no longer bypass two-factor authentication (2FA) for users who have it enabled on their accounts.
    • The issue where users receive an ambiguous error message when registering an already existing username has been resolved. Users will now be clearly notified that the username is taken.
    • Users with an email address that’s 25 characters or longer will be able to successfully register with the first 20 characters of their email address auto-populating as a potential username.
    • The sign up process using One Tap has been reduced from 3 steps to 2 steps.
  • Conversation
    • New users will now be able to reply to a conversation that was started by another user before making their first post.
  • Embedded YouTube Videos
    • The embedded YouTube player within threads has been enlarged to provide a better viewing experience for users.
  • Marketplace
    • Users now have a dedicated space for Marketplace Home. This can be accessed through the top navigation menu as well.
    • Users will be able to:
      • Create deals in a forum
      • View tags on listings
      • View their listings on their profile
      • Watch listings to receive notifications
      • Search for listings and include the ability to filter by:
        • Vehicles only
        • Maximum mileage
        • Price range
        • Vehicle model
        • Vehicle make
    • The issue where default Xenforo prefixes appeared when editing a listing has been resolved
  • Homepage
    • The issue where the following tag is missing from some threads on the homepage has been resolved.
  • Custom User Fields
    • Custom user fields such as vehicle details and social media links have been restored so users can add and edit these fields and view them on their profile.
  • Vendor Self Serve
    • The issue where plans do not show pricing when upgrading a business is resolved.

·
Registered
571 Posts
  • Conversation
    • New users will now be able to reply to a conversation that was started by another user before making their first post.
That concerns me.
Are we running a forum(s), or a chat show.

It is a weak link in our security that is easily exploited by those trying to con sellers and part hunters.

'Hi, just joined an I have that part.....'

See AG Jeff reply at post 8.

On the plus side: A welcome move for Dark Mode.

Reactions: RoscoAU

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
4,235 Posts
That concerns me.
Are we running a forum(s), or a chat show.

It is a weak link in our security that is easily exploited by those trying to con sellers and part hunters.

'Hi, just joined an I have that part.....'

On the plus side: A welcome move for Dark Mode.
They can only reply to a convo that you sent, they can not send out new PM.

Gonna pivot on this one a bit after reviewing with the Product team.

We are going to allow New Users without a post to be able to reply to a Private Conversation if they are sent one.

If we allow them to send a PC/PM to Mods/Admins they can get around the rule and invite others to the PC/PM to exploit security if we allow them to PC/PM Admins directly.
It is to fix this issue when you send a new user a PM:

·
Registered
All Ford Mustangs Mustang Evolution
318 Posts
Really looking forward to this one, but it’s hard to beat the ACP description fix.

·
Patrol4x4 Admin
Patrol4x4 Forum
1,579 Posts
Some good stuff there, was a little concerned about reply with no post number but Jeffs explanation cleared that up.

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
2,173 Posts
Hey all,

We've noticed a bug related to the shimmer load for images. As such we've decided to pull it from this global release. We're actively working to resolve it and will try to include it in the next release. I've update the notes above to reflect this change as well.

Please let me know if you have any questions!
Is this why I'm seeing images that are just blank white/gray pulsing boxes?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts