Staff
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Font Art Logo Electric blue Graphics

Target OneFora Release Date: Monday November 15, 2021
Target Global Release Date: Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Summary of Changes

Page Speed Improvements

• Optimizations have been made to bring down the average page load times from 393ms to 335ms.
Deployment Speed Improvements
  • Site downtime has been reduced by roughly 70% during releases. This currently applies to about 85% of our sites. We look forward to rolling these changes out to our remaining sites soon!
Images
  • Various issues related to the shimmer solution implementation (ex: shimmer solution taking up the whole post in reports, showcases, and when an image is part of a user’s signature) have been resolved.
Vendor Subscriptions
  • The issue where businesses were able to successfully complete the business registration process with a business name that already exists has been resolved.
  • A Grow Your Business button has been added to the Homepage footer and Account Details drop-down menu. This initiative will increase awareness of the Vendor Subscriptions product and lead users to our business landing page.
  • The businesses that were registered by banned users will no longer be accessible in the Business Directory.
  • Vendors will be notified if their subscriptions were cancelled with a cancellation notice.
Marketplace
  • The issue where images within the image gallery of a buy/sell thread were misaligned has been resolved.
  • Listings will now expire after 44 days and be identifiable as such with a tag.
  • Users will now be able to sort through listings by Most Recent, Highest Price, and Lowest Price sort filters within Marketplace Home.

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
2,173 Posts
  • Listings will now expire after 44 days and be identifiable as such with a tag.
What is the user experience for a seller on day 44?
A notification that their ad has expired with an option to renew?
Is the ad still visible regardless?
If they renew does it stay in place or bump back to the top in front of other items?

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
4,235 Posts
If they renew does it stay in place or bump back to the top in front of other items?
@Tharshika G or @jtonge do you know?

·
Administrator
VerticalScope
91 Posts
It will expire on that date.

We will send an email to "renew" their listing or confirm it is still active or mark it as sold at day 30 then 14 days later it will expire (hence the 44 days without activity).

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
2,173 Posts
It will expire on that date.

We will send an email to "renew" their listing or confirm it is still active or mark it as sold at day 30 then 14 days later it will expire (hence the 44 days without activity).
Does expire = delete?
Does the 44 days reset when/if someone replies to the ad? Is a reply "activity"? If not, what counts as activity?

I feel like we need a detailed user guide to the new marketplace system and what the user should expect to happen. We have an active classifieds with a few well established rules like no bumping your ad within X days and ads remain up forever & never expire so I'm trying to make heads or tails of what will change. Users will have questions that I'm not sure I can answer.

Reactions: Avel Du

·
Administrator
VerticalScope
91 Posts
Does expire = delete?
Does the 44 days reset when/if someone replies to the ad? Is a reply "activity"? If not, what counts as activity?

I feel like we need a detailed user guide to the new marketplace system and what the user should expect to happen. We have an active classifieds with a few well established rules like no bumping your ad within X days and ads remain up forever & never expire so I'm trying to make heads or tails of what will change. Users will have questions that I'm not sure I can answer.
Definitely - we have a guide in the works with our marketing teams.

As for expire, it is simply a status indicated via a prefix. Hence why we needed to enhance the existing prefix system. It will change it to expired and be sorted after the one listings that are still 'Active' - Want to Buy , Want to Sell.

Seen here

Rectangle Screenshot Font Parallel Number

We want to make sure listings are fresh and relevant to the communities. We also want to avoid manual edits to the listings.

I would not delete a post since we want it to still be searchable and the content of the post to remain.

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
2,173 Posts
OK so it's really nothing but a prefix change. I'm still curious if the 44 days is from thread creation or last reply.

·
Administrator
VerticalScope
91 Posts
OK so it's really nothing but a prefix change. I'm still curious if the 44 days is from thread creation or last reply.
From creation date.

Does 133 start purging free business with zero posts or no posts in the last 90 days mentioned here?
Its still in development, will be completed this sprint to be in release (I believe 2 release from now pending completion) @MariaK

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
4,235 Posts
Deployment Speed Improvements
  • Site downtime has been reduced by roughly 70% during releases. This currently applies to about 85% of our sites. We look forward to rolling these changes out to our remaining sites soon!

Successfully deployed Release 133 to all production sites.

Much quicker than before, great stuff!!!

·
Registered
All Ford Mustangs Mustang Evolution
318 Posts
I thought this would bring Marketplace node enabling to the AFM site. How can I enable that?

·
Registered
FocusRSOC, FocusSTOC, FiestaSTOC, MondeoSTOC
1,156 Posts
  • A Grow Your Business button has been added to the Homepage footer and Account Details drop-down menu. This initiative will increase awareness of the Vendor Subscriptions product and lead users to our business landing page.
I've got these buttons, good addition by the way. (y)

Also on 3 sites I've got this button . . . . . .
Font Rectangle Parallel Magenta Screenshot

But it's missing on Mondeostoc.com. . . . . .
Font Rectangle Parallel Screenshot Document

This could be because I already had VSS on this site, where I've had this "becoming a Premium Vendor." button for a few months now.
Brown Rectangle Beige Font Parallel

Do you know if this will be sorted in a future update, or can I have Mondeostoc updated manually to match the other sites.

Thanks.

·
Administrator
VerticalScope
91 Posts
I've got these buttons, good addition by the way. (y)

Also on 3 sites I've got this button . . . . . .
View attachment 9533
But it's missing on Mondeostoc.com. . . . . .
View attachment 9534
This could be because I already had VSS on this site, where I've had this "becoming a Premium Vendor." button for a few months now. View attachment 9535
Do you know if this will be sorted in a future update, or can I have Mondeostoc updated manually to match the other sites.

Thanks.
Hey I see this on Mondeostoc!

Logged out

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Tire Automotive side marker light

Logged in
Product Black Mobile phone Communication Device Mobile device

·
Administrator
VerticalScope
91 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts