GamingFora
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Font Art Logo Electric blue Graphics

Target OneFora Release Date: Friday, November 26 2021
Target Global Release Date: Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Summary of Changes - User Facing

• Image Loading Speed
    • Optimized image lazy load parameters, images will now start loading sooner before user scrolls to it for a better browsing experience.
  • Media Search Result Page Layout Improvements
    • Visual layout improvements have been made to the Advanced Search results for:
      • Albums
      • Showcase
      • Media Comments
    • This is part of an ongoing effort to improve user experience with search result pages. Result page for Media search will also be updated in future releases.
  • Vendor Subscription
    • Vendors will no longer see the Grow Your Business link in the main menu since they already have a business.
    • When a transaction was taking a while to get a response from payment portal, users would falsely see an error message and assume the transaction was unsuccessful when it actually was. This issue has now been resolved.
    • Free businesses will now only appear in the business directory if certain conditions are met.
  • Marketplace
    • Admins and super mods will now be able to edit and delete reviews on a user’s profile.
    • Users can now sort by location to find listings closest to them.
    • After an item has been marked as sold, sellers will no longer watch the thread or receive email notifications.
    • Expired and sold listings will appear at the bottom of listings in Marketplace Home so active listings remain at the top.
    • Users will now be able to see a snapshot of a Marketplace listing on the homepage so they can ascertain high level details and determine if they would like to proceed with the listing.
  • Node Icons
    • The issue where the page type node’s icon appears to be missing in dark mode has been resolved.
  • Necroposting Warning
    • Users without permission to reply to threads will no longer see the necropost warning.

·
1,315 Posts
Vendor Subscription
  • Vendors will no longer see the Grow Your Business link in the main menu since they already have a business.

When a Vendor's membership renewal comes up do they get an automatic notification or??
If they have to manually renew and the business link is removed what do they do?

·
Staff
30 Posts
When a Vendor's membership renewal comes up do they get an automatic notification or??
If they have to manually renew and the business link is removed what do they do?
When the renewal date comes vendors are billed automatically and get an email notification with an invoice. The subscription is auto-renewed until cancelled by the vendor from their "Plan and Payment" page that can be found under "My Business" and "Account Settings" links.

If the subscription was cancelled the vendor can re-subscribe again by visiting the "Plan and Payment" page.

·
1,315 Posts
When the renewal date comes vendors are billed automatically and get an email notification with an invoice. The subscription is auto-renewed until cancelled by the vendor from their "Plan and Payment" page that can be found under "My Business" and "Account Settings" links.

If the subscription was cancelled the vendor can re-subscribe again by visiting the "Plan and Payment" page.
Good info to know just in case I get asked that question (y)

·
Registered
SIGTalk Optimaforums
207 Posts
Image Loading Speed
  • Optimized image lazy load parameters, images will now start loading sooner before user scrolls to it for a better browsing experience.
This was a welcome update - I don't see a shimmer effect any longer either. Images are loaded and "just there" without having to wait. I am on a 1GBs connection, so that may have some impact on it too.

·
Staff
GamingFora
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i do--the top of this page. maybe 2 seconds worth but still there :rolleyes:
Yeah images on top not much we can do about, but it's images after would be loaded earlier, so as you scroll down, it's less likely you'll see images being loaded.

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
4,736 Posts
The rollout is running.

From Devs:
"FYI we have to run some database maintenance during today’s Release, meaning sites will be down in batches of 30 or so for around 15 minutes. Sorry if this causes any inconvenience."

·
Registered
starbike, vulcan, yamaha-forum, yamahaforum, HD Street, Blue Oval Fanatics, GT350
778 Posts
StarBike forum has been down for over an hour. Had a few members text me.

Reactions: AG Jeff

·
Registered
starbike, vulcan, yamaha-forum, yamahaforum, HD Street, Blue Oval Fanatics, GT350
778 Posts
Just came up. Member said he closed tab and reopened, then site came up. This member almost lives on the site and said he never had to do that before.

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
4,736 Posts
Release 135 is completely rolled out.

Reactions: Clive

·
Registered
751 Posts
FWIW, I'm still getting the shimmer on home site--one pic took 21 seconds to load :(

1 - 20 of 25 Posts