Staff
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Font Art Logo Graphics Electric blue

Target OneFora Release Date: Wednesday, December 15, 2021
Target Global Release Date: Thursday, December 16, 2021

Summary of Changes
  • Quick Thread
    • Users will now be able to create discussions and articles without leaving the sub-forum they were in by creating a quick thread!
    • Users will see an input field at the top of the forum which, when clicked, will expand and give users the ability to create a post like normal. They can even include a poll!
    • Quick threads are not available in Marketplace or Designated Deals Nodes.
  • Homepage
    • When a user reads a previously unread thread on the homepage and returns back to the homepage, the state of the unread thread will immediately be updated to read. This eliminates the need for a user to refresh their homepage to see the correct state of threads.
  • User Subscription
    • The issue where a user who deleted their account was incorrectly being charged a second year for their subscription has been resolved.
  • Search - Context UI Update
    • Visual improvements have been made to the contextual search functionality in the forum. These changes were made to address user feedback that the current contextual search functionality is not intuitively obvious.
  • Layout Improvements
    • Visual improvements have been made to spoilers, snippets and attachments in dark mode. They will now be more visible with a different colored background behind them (similar to how they appear in light mode).
  • Marketplace
    • Dedicated Deals Node (DDN) has been created to give users a place to view deals only.
    • Multiple issues related to listings and deals have been resolved. This includes:
      • Scenarios in which the price on a listing displayed incorrectly
      • Users being unable to successfully post a listing when editing the associated image gallery
      • The mileage value being incorrectly reset to zero when editing a listing
      • Inability to open the calendar when trying to set the Valid Until date on a deal
      • Listing information being misaligned
      • Rounding errors when determining the savings on a deal
      • Notifications not coming through for listings because a user turned them off for discussions
      • Incorrect currency symbol being displayed when editing listings
      • Location not being marked as a mandatory field for listings
      • Search not working in Dedicated Deals Nodes.
    • Users will be able to retain the search filters they used to narrow down their search while editing the keyword criteria. Previously, when a user edited the keyword criteria, any additional search filters they used would be lost resulting in them having to reapply these filters.
    • Users will be able to identify if a deal has expired with a new expired label on the posting.
    • When a user marks a listing as sold, they will be prompted to provide more information about where the product was sold.
    • Users will now be able to include location information when creating a deal.
    • When looking for vehicles, users will now be able to filter listings by the minimum and maximum model years of interest.
  • Custom User Field
    • The issue when users were unable to save changes to custom user fields has been resolved. Users will now be able to edit and successfully save changes as part of their profile.
  • Signature
    • The issue where images in a signature appeared to be cut off when viewing posts on a mobile device has been fixed.
  • Article
    • The issue where the first reply to an article caused formatting discrepancies has been resolved.
  • Maintenance Page
    • The wording on the maintenance page has been updated so it is more user friendly.

·
Administrator
AVS Forum + several others
2,408 Posts
Quick Thread is interesting. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. :D

·
Administrator
2,408 Posts
I'll keep fighting for a more intuitive thread/forum search without needing to first start typing in the bar but the new drop down wording is much better. (y)

I'd even change "Search Community" to something that doesn't imply it's a global search only.

Reactions: Tharshika G

·
Registered
SkyscraperCity Administrator
818 Posts
  • Layout Improvements
    • Visual improvements have been made to spoilers, snippets and attachments in dark mode. They will now be more visible with a different colored background behind them (similar to how they appear in light mode).
What about the issue with the spoiler ([ SPOILER="Test" ]Test[ /SPOILER ])?
It still does not work in the at least SkyscraperCity.

Only the inline spoiler ([ ISPOILER ]Test[ /ISPOILER ]) works.

·
Staff
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Our global release will be tomorrow which will affect SkyscraperCity.
For now you can test in OneFora to see if the issue with spoiler is resolved since release 137 is only live on OneFora right now.

·
Registered
818 Posts
For now you can test in OneFora to see if the issue with spoiler is resolved since release 137 is only live on OneFora right now.
That is good to know that this issue seems to be relsoved with release 137.

I asked because the release description only says something about visual improvements.
At least for me this does not say that technical improvements are meant with it as well.

·
Administrator
2,408 Posts
Somehow AVS seems to have rec'd a partial update. The new search UI is there but not the quick thread.
Font Screenshot Technology Software Multimedia

Reactions: incar

·
Registered
818 Posts

That is good to know that this issue seems to be relsoved with release 137.

I asked because the release description only says something about visual improvements.
At least for me this does not say that technical improvements are meant with it as well.
The spoiler I mentioned above still does not work.
So the changes made with release 137 included only visual improvements as I already wrote and as it already was written in the release description.
There were no coding improvements to resolve the issue with the spoiler in release 137.

Example post: #142 (at the bottom of the post)

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
4,736 Posts
Update started about an hour ago.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Usually the SkyscraperCity receives the update around 1400 (German time).
Now we have 1800 (German time).
So I thought the update was already finished.
The update seems to be already finished for the SkyscraperCity because the search function says "in this thread", "in this sub-forum" and "in the entire site" now.

·
Administrator
2,408 Posts
Quick thread didn't make the global release on any site I've checked. I'm not sure if anything else is missing but the new search UI is there.

• Sad
Reactions: AG Jeff

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
4,736 Posts
Quick thread didn't make the global release on any site I've checked. I'm not sure if anything else is missing but the new search UI is there.
Check now, rollout just completed.

Reactions: Tharshika G

·
Staff
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi all,

As @AG Jeff mentioned the rollout is now complete so please let us know if you are still not seeing quick threads.

@UNIT-er I checked Skyscrapercity and as you mentioned the bug seems to still persist even though it seems to have been corrected on other forums. I'll ask the team to investigate Skyscrapercity specifically to understand why the spoilers are not showing up like below.

Test
testing tester

If anyone else notices the spoiler issue continuing to persist in other forums please let me know.

·
Administrator
2,408 Posts
Quick thread appeared about 3 hours after the search UI. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
585 Posts
I haven't decided yet if I find the "quick post" bar useful (should be called "quick thread", no?). One problem is that it pushes the latest new content further down the page. If you have more than three subforums or sticky threads, all the latest updated threads disappear below the fold. Also having two options to do the same thing isn't a great design imo.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts