Staff
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Font Art Logo Graphics Electric blue

Target OneFora Release Date: Wednesday, January 19, 2022
Target Global Release Date: Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Summary of Changes
  • Quick Thread
    • The issue where pages would automatically scroll down to the quick thread instead of opening at the top of the page has been resolved.
    • The issue where users lose their place in a node when clicking back after reading a thread also has been resolved with the fix mentioned above.
    • When opening the parent node of a thread in a new tab, users were redirected to the parent node with the quick thread expanded. Now users will be redirected to the parent node with the quick thread collapsed.
    • To address user feedback, the quick thread input bar has been renamed from “Create Post” to “Create a Quick Thread”.
  • Marketplace
    • Various bugs within Marketplace have been resolved. This includes:
      • Thumbnail images for discussions not showing up as part of the thread overview on the Homepage (both Marketplace’s and the main Homepage of the forum)
      • Display issues in listing reactivation emails such as images and logos not appearing
      • Locations in listings being saved as blanks
    • Newly created listings will now have a default expiry date that is 365 days into the future from the date of creation.
    • All expired listings have been modified to active.
      • We will look to allow users to edit the listing status on the listing itself in future releases.
    • The “no image” placeholder has been changed to something more user friendly. This change is global and extends to the entire forum.
    • The filter for maximum mileage on a listing is now a single number. Previously it had been a range.
  • Google One Tap
    • Users will now be able to disassociate the Google account that is linked to their One Tap account registration through their Connected Accounts.
  • Mobile Node View
    • Users will now be able to see an indicator which shows how many descendent sub-forums are within a parent node.
  • Search
    • When a user completes a search based on a keyword, the title of the search results page has been updated to reflect that keyword. This is an effort to make the search process more user friendly.
  • Vendor Self-Serve
    • The issue where a NSFW business logo still showed the logo instead of the first letter of the business name has been resolved.
    • Vendors will now be able to hide their business emails from their business profiles through their business settings.
Please note as mentioned above the OneFora release will be part of the global release tomorrow, January 19th. This is in an effort to get us synced back with the regular release cadence and allow for more time in between OneFora deployments and subsequent global deployments.

We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience!

01/19/22 EDIT: Hi all, please see the inclusion of the fix below that was also part of release 140 that was deployed globally today.
  • Homepage
    • The issue where a thread thumbnail was missing on the homepage has been resolved. Uploaded images in threads will now appear as thumbnails on the Homepage.

·
Administrator
The Forum Whisperer
702 Posts
  • Quick Thread
    • The issue where pages would automatically scroll down to the quick thread instead of opening at the top of the page has been resolved.
    • The issue where users lose their place in a node when clicking back after reading a thread also has been resolved with the fix mentioned above.
    • When opening the parent node of a thread in a new tab, users were redirected to the parent node with the quick thread expanded. Now users will be redirected to the parent node with the quick thread collapsed.
    • To address user feedback, the quick thread input bar has been renamed from “Create Post” to “Create a Quick Thread”.

·
Registered
664 Posts
To address user feedback, the quick thread input bar has been renamed from “Create Post” to “Create a Quick Thread”.
This is really splitting hairs here, but technically there is no such thing as a "quick thread". The idea is to quickly create a thread. But since that long input field is basically just a big "create thread" button I'd just name it as such. That said, we still have a "create post" button that allows you to do exactly the same as the "Create a Quick Thread" bar.

Sorry, couldn't resist! ;)

·
Registered
FocusRSOC, FocusSTOC, FiestaSTOC, MondeoSTOC
2,142 Posts
This is really splitting hairs here, but technically there is no such thing as a "quick thread". The idea is to quickly create a thread. But since that long input field is basically just a big "create thread" button I'd just name it as such. That said, we still have a "create post" button that allows you to do exactly the same as the "Create a Quick Thread" bar.

Sorry, couldn't resist! ;)
Yes I agree, in fact it's making things worse because we'll have 2 different 'names' for the exact same thing.

Just get rid of the 'Quick Post' (or whatever), call it a failed experiment, and move on to something more worthwhile.

·
Administrator
AVS Forum + several others
2,803 Posts
With 140, as the page loads, it says "Thread Title" for a second then changes to read "Create a Quick Thread". You can refresh the page to see it happen.

·
Staff
GamingFora
475 Posts
Yes I agree, in fact it's making things worse because we'll have 2 different 'names' for the exact same thing.

Just get rid of the 'Quick Post' (or whatever), call it a failed experiment, and move on to something more worthwhile.
On that note, we are actually seeing a good ratio of users adapting to using the new feature, and overall we're seeing the total amount of threads being created go up a bit. I think it's the convenience factor of not waiting for another page-load helps.

·
Registered
FocusRSOC, FocusSTOC, FiestaSTOC, MondeoSTOC
2,142 Posts
On that note, we are actually seeing a good ratio of users adapting to using the new feature, and overall we're seeing the total amount of threads being created go up a bit. I think it's the convenience factor of not waiting for another page-load helps.
Fair enough, but can we please work on calling the same thing by the same name wherever it's mentioned, surely calling it "Create a Quick Thread" in one place and "Create Post" in another causes confusion?

·
Administrator
2,803 Posts
But then we might have to stop calling threads discussions and watched following or subscribed and PMs convos and... :)

·
Registered
SkyRoadster
397 Posts
If there are more threads but the same number of posts it could be the result of calling the functon "Create Thread" vs "Create Post".

We see a lot of people posting unrelated things in threads, but my evaluation of the failure to create a new thread is a lack of knowledge about how to do it combined with a lack of concern about when it should be done. ie: They don't know, and don't care.

Add me to the list of those wishing for consistency in naming.

·
Staff
GamingFora
475 Posts
FYI the homepage thumbnail missing is also fixed in this patch. It was missed in the release note because it was a out-of-standard-pipeline high-priority fix.
Release note has been updated.
Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Automotive lighting

·
Senior Community Manager
OneFora Sherpa
5,778 Posts
The rollout is complete on OneFora and all communities.

Reactions: liang_VS

·
Administrator
2,803 Posts
The “no image” placeholder has been changed to something more user friendly.
The new image is much improved from the frown face. (y)

Now if we could find a way to grab a thumbnail of the first image used when they add them "old school" style embedded in the thread, we'll see less of them and more real pics.
Font Screenshot Technology Number Electric blue

·
Senior Community Manager
OneFora Sherpa
5,778 Posts
The new image is much improved from the frown face. (y)

Now if we could find a way to grab a thumbnail of the first image used when they add them "old school" style embedded in the thread, we'll see less of them and more real pics.
View attachment 10889
Hmm...I'm still seeing the frown face on SIGTalk after the rollout was completed:
View attachment 10892
Yes I'm still seeing this as well.
I am seeing this one AVS:

Product Font Rectangle Software Screenshot

1 - 20 of 42 Posts