Staff
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Font Art Logo Graphics Electric blue

Target OneFora Release Date: Friday, January 21, 2022
Target Global Release Date: Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Summary of Changes
  • Vendor Self-Serve
    • The business landing page has been updated to include an introduction video about the Vendor Subscription Product.
  • Marketplace
    • Listings and deals will now include the province/state in addition to the city to provide more detail about location.

·
Registered
starbike, vulcan, yamaha-forum, yamahaforum, HD Street, Blue Oval Fanatics, GT350
951 Posts
Yes, very well done video, definitely a step in the right direction.

·
Registered
Sailnet
262 Posts
Very beginning: "Our communities are brought together by ...." what are the next 2 words? Sounds like "Dee Pascious" ??? Is it meant to be Deep Passions? Maybe a quick solution would be to add a caption at that point as those keywords (if thats what he says) are very important.

Apart from that I think the 3 videos are excellent. Really excellent. The middle one, from 1:20, especially, clearly demonstrates how our forums work and how they can work best for vendors. Its a brilliant 60 seconds.

This video will also let forum members, and even Mods and Admins, realise how things are evolving to a more professional approach. On our forum we have some members who have been around for decades... a number more than 20 years. Sometimes its hard for them to see the evolution of social media and hark back to the days when there was no advertising, no vendors, nothing but text questions and replies, no colour, no pictures... similar to those List Servs of the 1990's.

These 3 little snippets are excellent!!

Mark

·
Senior Community Manager
OneFora Sherpa
5,778 Posts
Roll Out is just kicking off for the day.

I will post up once it is complete.

Reactions: JsonDub

·
Registered
664 Posts
Some smart alec pointed out that the screen shows, among other things, this line when the site is offline for maintenance:

You can read all about the new (and past) changes by going to Help > Release notes, once we're back online.
But that that page -- which is not intuitive to find by the way -- has only been updated up to december 16, see here for example.

·
Senior Community Manager
OneFora Sherpa
5,778 Posts
Some smart alec pointed out that the screen shows, among other things, this line when the site is offline for maintenance:

But that that page -- which is not intuitive to find by the way -- has only been updated up to december 16, see here for example.
There is an update going out tomorrow on that page as the last few releases have been very light during the holiday release schedule so we have merged the last 4 together.

·
Senior Community Manager
OneFora Sherpa
5,778 Posts
Successfully deployed Release 141, to all production sites.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Release Notes have been updated from the last 3 releases.
Does this mean the FAQ's on releases as been update on all sites as well? I noticed our site was behind a few days ago when I happened to have a need to look at FAQ's.

·
Senior Community Manager
OneFora Sherpa
5,778 Posts
Does this mean the FAQ's on releases as been update on all sites as well? I noticed our site was behind a few days ago when I happened to have a need to look at FAQ's.
Yup, if there are not a lot of changes we will merge a few releases together for the Community Management user-facing Help > Release notes on your home community.

However, the announcements section here will always have the weekly Product Release Notes.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts