Staff
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Font Art Logo Graphics Electric blue

Target OneFora Release Date: Friday, March 04, 2022
Target Global Release Date: Tuesday, March 08, 2022

Summary of Changes
  • Article
    • Similar to discussions, articles will now show a list of attachments if available.
  • Marketplace
    • When creating a listing, Marketplace Forum Nodes will now be alphabetical.
    • When users' accounts are merged, Marketplace Ratings will carry over to the new target user as well.
    • Tapatalk users will now see a price in the listing title whenever available.
    • Users can now leave a rating from a listing itself (Want to Sell/Buy) as opposed to navigating to a user profile with a listing URL.
    • Want to Trade is now available as a listing option. Users can also leave a review on trade transactions.
    • Currency has been split from the original price to show it applies to both original and deal prices.
  • Featured Threads
    • Previously, setting a redirect thread ID as a featured thread would result in the site crashing. Users will now no longer be able to set a redirect thread ID as a featured thread, an error message will be seen in the admin panel when such an attempt is made.
  • Search
    • The issue where clicking the search keyword in the search bar did not perform a search query has been resolved. Now when a user clicks the search keyword, a search will be performed across the entire site.
  • Vendor Subscription Product
    • A phone number is now required for business registration.
    • Users associated with a free business should now see a notice on all pages of the forum directing them to the "Grow Your Business" page.
  • Security
    • Rate limit measures have been increased when creating threads and replies to help limit spam.

·
Administrator
VerticalScope
236 Posts
Whoa...I assume we had to accommodate them and not the other way around?
Correct... it wasn't the easiest but the engineers had to reverse engineer a few things.

It's so we can alleviate some of the immediate problems of 'how much is this?' 'its in the top of the post' 'i don't see it' etc.

Sample here

·
Administrator
AVS Forum + several others
2,803 Posts
I missed the word "title" when I read this so it's only visible as a hack in the thread title but still not visible in the post itself?

Does a price edit update the title in real time?

Reactions: Avel Du

·
Administrator
VerticalScope
236 Posts
I missed the word "title" when I read this so it's only visible as a hack in the thread title but still not visible in the post itself?

Does a price edit update the title in real time?
Yes it's only the title. It should update in real time and when we tested it did as well. It pulls the price from the listing component and appends when we get a request from Tapatalk for the thread.

·
Registered
SIGTalk & Others
334 Posts
Want to Trade is now available as a listing option. Users can also leave a review on trade transactions.
Maybe I am missing something, but looking at the Marketplace in the test area here (assuming that it has been updated before Tuesday rollout) I only see the WTS and WTB option when creating a new thread. What am I missing - I don't see a Want to Trade option?
Light Product Azure Rectangle Font

·
Administrator
VerticalScope
236 Posts
Not turned on just yet. Will be on in a few.
Maybe I am missing something, but looking at the Marketplace in the test area here (assuming that it has been updated before Tuesday rollout) I only see the WTS and WTB option when creating a new thread. What am I missing - I don't see a Want to Trade option?
View attachment 12004

·
Administrator
VerticalScope
236 Posts
Shouldn't there also be a "Free for the Taking" ? 😉
Can be sold for $0, or trade for free for now :) Would like to see how often things are put up for free, from the data it didn't look like it happens that often across the communities.

·
Registered
SIGTalk & Others
334 Posts
Can be sold for $0, or trade for free for now :) Would like to see how often things are put up for free, from the data it didn't look like it happens that often across the communities.
I have a Pass It on forum for members of the community to give stuff away. No need to clog up the Classifieds with giveaways.

·
Administrator
VerticalScope
236 Posts
Well, you almost got me ready to flip the switch on one forum. My 2 auto forums are already active Marketplaces. Are the options as follows now?

For Sale - Sold
Want to Buy - Found
For Trade - Traded

Expired
Withdrawn
Next Tuedays release. It will have similar states plus switching back and forth via a 'reactivate'

Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Software

·
Administrator
VerticalScope
236 Posts
Next Tuesday is tomorrow. Or is it this Tuesday? I always get that mixed up;)
When it's Monday, next Tuesday is Tuesday next week, and tomorrow is this Tuesday 😂
Hahaha - I mean Tuesday March 15th. Typically these notes posted on Friday are for this Tuesday's release.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts