OneFora banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Staff
GamingFora
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,
As this post is being made, we're currently rolling out release 35 to all production sites.

User Related Updates
  • New look on Action Buttons
  • Edit time limitation on thread, gallery and showcase has has been removed.
    • User, moderators and admins can now edit any post from anytime, given they have the permission.
    • Users can edit up to 10 posts a week.
      • Same post can be edited unlimited time.
    • Admins/Moderators have unlimited edits.
  • CSS spacing clean up
  • Lazy loading images
  • Various bug fixes
  • Preparation work for web push notifications.
Let us know if you find any bugs related to these.

Know Issue
  • Vertical alignment of user bit and post content is off. We're looking into fixing it in next release.

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,468 Posts
CM team Release Notes:

Dear Community Members and Moderators,

As we approach the end of the year, we have a few updates to announce.

Restyling of Action Buttons

We’ve done some restyling of the action buttons on a post to make it less visually cluttered. We’ve also moved the Report function to the three dot overflow action button.

Edit Limits Updated

We’ve heard a lot of feedback on editing limits on posts, especially older posts that may contain outdated information. Because of that, we’ve made some changes to editing permissions. Members now have unlimited edit permissions for up to 10 discussion posts, 10 showcase posts and 10 gallery posts per week. That will allow those who wish to update a project thread, correct a typo or update event information to do so, even if the post is from months ago.

As always, moderating team members will have access to edit as they always have.

Members can access the edit function on their own posts by clicking the three dot action button next to the timestamp on their post.

We also fixed a few bugs, updated some CSS and made some background performance enhancements.

Coming soon!

As previously mentioned, the new Premium Membership experience will be coming after the first of the year. Work continues behind the scenes for that feature. Work is also in progress to improve notifications. Stay tuned for those changes in the coming weeks.

On behalf of the entire team, we wish you all a happy and healthy New Year.

Your Community Support Team

Jeff M

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,468 Posts
RESOLVED

Note there is a small bug that we will have fixed with the "Moderate Image" users might see but we are working on a fix for that for next week if not sooner.

Jeff M

Reactions: liang_VS

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,868 Posts
Just tested here. What were the issues on other sites?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Heh... just saw the list of user questions.... :)

1. how does the edit time work
2. what are the time limits per post for new posts (edited)
how many posts
3. are new posts reflected in the 10 allotted edits and what is the time limit on a “new post” old limit was 24h. (edited)
4. does the system still respect the node permission for editing timeframe? so if we set a section for unlimited editing will this permission still work? (edited)
5. you mention that a post can be edited an unlimited amount of time when selected, but does that reset the timer for posting. (edited)
6. is there a difference if you are the one that started the thread vs. just a replier in the thread?
7. can you define the rolling timer for us.
8. are there alerts?
9. Is there a unique display for how many of the 10 edits you have remaining in a given 7 day period? When do they reset?
10. if you edit the same (1) post 5 times does that count towards the 10.
does that 5 times reset the timer though?

We'll write up a response that hopefully better explains it for all users.

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,868 Posts
Admins can revert all edits within the last X days for any given user which takes care of the occasional “taking my ball and going home” scenario if all this becomes too confusing and unlimited edits are considered. :cool:

·
Registered
286 Posts
Admins can revert all edits within the last X days for any given user which takes care of the occasional “taking my ball and going home” scenario if all this becomes too confusing and unlimited edits are considered. :cool:
Sounds like a premium feature :ROFLMAO:
I think this will provide some protection on sites where admins might not notice.... we'll see how this first implementation goes first, and decide from there.

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,868 Posts
If all the variables become too much, perhaps just an automated alert to admins when any one user makes more than X edits in X days.

·
Registered
2020 Shelby GT500 + 8 other Mustangs
75 Posts
@Mike Lang @Old Navy @Goose17

Do you guys want to go test the edit function if you have any questions? Some sites seem to be having issues with it so I would LOVE to hear your opinion.

Helena
I had a member try to edit an old post that he sends me updates to periodically update for him. He was able to edit it himself now... success!

Tim

G

·
We are seeing a high number of users having issues with editing a new post if they have chosen 10 for the week already.
It seems like a lot of users (mainly using mobile) post without proofreading their post, or want to post quickly and will realize there is a mistake and want to edit the post, with the 24h limit it seemed to work for them. Looks like new posts are counted in the 10, but there may be a time limit to that.

The other issues we are trying to figure out is how the timer works for the 10 posts, does it restart with every subsequent edit after the first. Looks like users want to see that timer as well so they know how long they have to make an edit or how many more edits they have.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Anything edited within the first 24 hours was not supposed to count, so please report that as a bug to dev and cc Kitty

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,868 Posts
We are seeing a high number of users having issues with editing a new post if they have chosen 10 for the week already.
It seems like a lot of users (mainly using mobile) post without proofreading their post, or want to post quickly and will realize there is a mistake and want to edit the post, with the 24h limit it seemed to work for them. Looks like new posts are counted in the 10, but there may be a time limit to that.

The other issues we are trying to figure out is how the timer works for the 10 posts, does it restart with every subsequent edit after the first. Looks like users want to see that timer as well so they know how long they have to make an edit or how many more edits they have.
I was afraid of that. I have guys that post 100 times a week. To limit them to only 10 that can be edited later could be problematic. This may not be a "one size fits all" variable.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I was afraid of that. I have guys that post 100 times a week. To limit them to only 10 that can be edited later could be problematic. This may not be a "one size fits all" variable.
Mike - sorry for the team jumping the gun here. Let's double check the product is actually working first :) We'll get back to you once this is sorted. A small mess-up on our end.

·
Patrol4x4 Admin
Patrol4x4 Forum
1,344 Posts
CM team Release Notes:

Dear Community Members and Moderators,

As we approach the end of the year, we have a few updates to announce.

Restyling of Action Buttons

We’ve done some restyling of the action buttons on a post to make it less visually cluttered. We’ve also moved the Report function to the three dot overflow action button.

Edit Limits Updated

We’ve heard a lot of feedback on editing limits on posts, especially older posts that may contain outdated information. Because of that, we’ve made some changes to editing permissions. Members now have unlimited edit permissions for up to 10 discussion posts, 10 showcase posts and 10 gallery posts per week. That will allow those who wish to update a project thread, correct a typo or update event information to do so, even if the post is from months ago.

As always, moderating team members will have access to edit as they always have.

Members can access the edit function on their own posts by clicking the three dot action button next to the timestamp on their post.

We also fixed a few bugs, updated some CSS and made some background performance enhancements.

Coming soon!

As previously mentioned, the new Premium Membership experience will be coming after the first of the year. Work continues behind the scenes for that feature. Work is also in progress to improve notifications. Stay tuned for those changes in the coming weeks.

On behalf of the entire team, we wish you all a happy and healthy New Year.

Your Community Support Team

Jeff M
Where has this been released? Have I missed something?

·
Registered
Hardcoresledder
225 Posts
Looks like release 35 brought out some stuff last Tuesday. Advanced search and this edit change thing too. I see the Advanced search on our Ridgeline Forum (I'm not a MOD there though so I don't know if the guys there are talking about it though).

Steve

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,468 Posts
Where has this been released? Have I missed something?
Notes should be here for live sites:

Labs pre-release stuff is here:

Jeff M

·
Patrol4x4 Admin
Patrol4x4 Forum
1,344 Posts
Not sure how or why it happened but I'm getting multiple complaints about the mobile version of P4x4, these are pics one member sent me, I was going to post this locally but obviously it has ramifications for us here.
He has a Moto G5 Plus but it is also doing it on his work iPhone, both on Chrome. heavily compressed and items overlapping others and adds bigger than content. Another member from Ireland is having a similar issue so it is not a local comm problem.
Edit, have since seen other issues and again on chrome.
Ross

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,868 Posts
Yeah it’s a mess on my iPhone. Although I do appreciate the Giant AVS ad.

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,868 Posts
A mess on desktop too. I submitted a sitedown email for you.

Text Font Line Brand Logo

1 - 20 of 30 Posts