68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Lab Release Date: Thur, May 7th
Target Release Date: Tue, May 12th

Summary of Changes - User Facing
  • Fixed issue were site logos where appearing broken on certain sites
  • Ongoing performance optimization
Summary of Changes - For Labs Only
This is for informational purposes only, please do not share outside of Labs ?

ML Recommender (Details talk to @mike.shoss)
  • Currently off on all sites due to a performance issue
  • Indexed 62 sites to be ready when we turn it back on
Professional Content Progress (Details talk to @mike.shoss)
  • Phase 1 & 2 - Complete
  • Phase 3 - In Development
Homepage 2.0 (Details talk to @liang_VS)
  • In Development
Removed “Warnings XF2 plugin” from Labs.

·
Staff
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is this the issue where images are shown as only attachment numbers?
Unfortunately not, that is still a work in progress. This is one of the team's highest priorities at this moment.

Some sites had an issue where their logo for the site would show up broken when sharing links.

·
Patrol4x4 Admin
Patrol4x4 Forum
1,344 Posts
When do you think the issue of pics not showing (only numbers) in the premium members section will be addressed? These guys paid to be there, I would consider this very important and the issue has existed for some time.

Reactions: jbanks15

·
Registered
TheNewX Admin
373 Posts
Yesterday I attempted to start a post for our April 2020 TOTM Poll Thread, but not all the photos would show up. For an example I would get this, (127020), instead of the actual photo shown below. No matter what I did to change photo configuration, I couldn't get it to appear ! Funny, it shows here, but not on my site... So you ask, what did I do ? I had to add a Poll to the April 2020 TOTM Entries Thread, where all that photos were visible.

Attachments

·
Patrol4x4 Admin
Patrol4x4 Forum
1,344 Posts
When do you think the issue of pics not showing (only numbers) in the premium members section will be addressed? These guys paid to be there, I would consider this very important and the issue has existed for some time.
Yay!!!!!! Thanks guy's, got back from a drive this afternoon and my pic test of earlier today in our premium section is working, thank you thank you thank you.

·
Patrol4x4 Admin
Patrol4x4 Forum
1,344 Posts
pics in conversations have never worked unless you pick thumbnail
Not sure what you mean there. Pics in threads are fine, thumbnail or large (personally I always use large), pics in PM's haven't been an issue either, the issue I related above was only in premium for a couple of weeks, now back to full swing :).

·
Administrator SLKWorld
357 Posts
Not sure what you mean there. Pics in threads are fine, thumbnail or large (personally I always use large), pics in PM's haven't been an issue either, the issue I related above was only in premium for a couple of weeks, now back to full swing :).
only talking about pics in conversations. poster said premium had issues, but our conversations cannot have pics posted in them without seeing numbers and no attachment.
same if we choose full size.
only if we choose thumbs can we see the picture...

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,869 Posts
Yay!!!!!! Thanks guy's, got back from a drive this afternoon and my pic test of earlier today in our premium section is working, thank you thank you thank you.
I think you're finding that it's sporadic. Pics are definitely still broken. And it's not limited to any "premium only" sections...

·
Patrol4x4 Admin
Patrol4x4 Forum
1,344 Posts
Strange, on P4x4 it has only occured on premium and that is still OK this morning as other members have been confirming they can see them, I have been regularly testing in ordinary and premium sections and I'm a prolific pic poster in things like build threads, sunset threads, etc, etc. Just confirms to me this whole system remains problematic and for what ever reasons varies between forums.
I can assure you very little happens on P4x4 without me knowing of it almost immediately.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts