1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Staff
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lab Release Date: Thur, May 14th
Target Release Date: Tue, May 19th

Summary of Changes - User Facing
  • Fixed image uploaded in restricted subform and conversation is broken by Cloudflare resizing
  • Ongoing speed improvements
Summary of Changes - For Labs Only
This is for informational purposes only, please do not share outside of Labs ?

Professional Content Progress (Details talk to @mike.shoss or @gkatsiochristos)
  • Phase 1 & 2 - Complete
  • Phase 3 - In Development (Launch slated for Early June - Still Pending)
Homepage 2.0 Progress (Details talk to @liang_VS or @gkatsiochristos)
  • MVP Launch slated for End of May/ Early June - Still Pending
Launched California Seeder Sites

·
Registered
Hardcoresledder
227 Posts
That ZRV forum is gonna be popular if they actually release the renderings of that crossover vehicle. It's very nice looking for conservative honda!

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,559 Posts
Yeah, the image issue has been resolved!

Jeff M

Reactions: stevem5215

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,559 Posts
It'll be interesting to see if it still possible to create and grow new forums in this day and age. Anyway, good luck!
Honestly, we have been creating a lot of new vehicle model and niche communities that have been thriving over the past few years.

Great example here: Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News

Forums are not dead like many say, we are working on ways to reinvent and breathe new life into them.

Jeff M

·
Patrol4x4 Admin
Patrol4x4 Forum
1,359 Posts
Honestly, we have been creating a lot of new vehicle model and niche communities that have been thriving over the past few years.

Great example here: Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News

Forums are not dead like many say, we are working on ways to reinvent and breathe new life into them.

Jeff M
Yes and it has been working but there has also been hidden costs.

Reactions: AG Jeff

·
Registered
170 Posts
What does this mean? We are in no need of new moderation since the forum is doing worse than ever. And certainly not moderation that has not been cherry picked by local moderation teams that know who is who and what kind off tricks they might have up their sleeve. Do you know how painstakingly we've been balancing moderation in some of those nationalistic forums keeping them from going all Hilter on other subforums? Get that text offline ASAP.

Coming Soon!
Calling all moderators! The Community Management team will soon be reaching out as we look to recruit more moderators to help manage active communities. We plan to start this process in June but if you just can’t wait, click the Contact Us button at the bottom of the site and send us a note to volunteer.

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,559 Posts
What does this mean? We are in no need of new moderation since the forum is doing worse than ever. And certainly not moderation that has not been cherry picked by local moderation teams that know who is who and what kind off tricks they might have up their sleeve. Do you know how painstakingly we've been balancing moderation in some of those nationalistic forums keeping them from going all Hilter on other subforums? Get that text offline ASAP.

Coming Soon!
Calling all moderators! The Community Management team will soon be reaching out as we look to recruit more moderators to help manage active communities. We plan to start this process in June but if you just can’t wait, click the Contact Us button at the bottom of the site and send us a note to volunteer.
That was mainly meant for other communities, you guys kinda run your own show with the Mod/Admin team.

I will let the team know if we can disable it on SSC.

Jeff M

Reactions: 36764

·
Patrol4x4 Admin
Patrol4x4 Forum
1,359 Posts
That was mainly meant for other communities, you guys kinda run your own show with the Mod/Admin team.

I will let the team know if we can disable it on SSC.

Jeff M
Disable it on P4x4 as well please, we are doing OK with one voice speaking for it. Remember, a camel is a horse designed by a committee, we have good voices here from small numbers but knowledgeable members, I was a bit shocked when I saw that push notification on P4x4 this morning without any advance knowledge. As others come on line here I would like to see small representation from those forums as well.

Just realised that is far more general than just for representation here.

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,559 Posts
I raised the flag to the team and we will see what we can do.

Sit tight we are not adding mods to your communities it is more the ones with no teams.

Jeff M

·
Patrol4x4 Admin
Patrol4x4 Forum
1,359 Posts
Please arrange for the removal of the last entry on that list for release #55 asap. I cannot delete it so it seems, someone there needs to upgrade their communication skills.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Coming Soon!
Besides this call indeed being a bit of an insult to forums with a well-established team of moderators, do you really want forums to be led by those who nominate themselves for the job?

·
Patrol4x4 Admin
Patrol4x4 Forum
1,359 Posts
Just got a txt (not pm because forum is down) from a member saying that he noticed we were looking for moderators, his last words were 'good luck with that'.
This is rubbish, we built our forum and we will choose who works with us, that should never have gone out, it must be retracted from forums that do look after their own staff. As Jan says it is an insult to us, I'll add, an insult to our inteligence.
Fairdinkum WTF.

·
Administrator
10 Posts
Thanks for the feedback guys. We'll look into removing that call-to-action from your sites. It was not intended for them, but was a global notification. We've had some great response already from smaller sites that need some moderators to stand up and volunteer.

·
Patrol4x4 Admin
Patrol4x4 Forum
1,359 Posts
Thanks for the feedback guys. We'll look into removing that call-to-action from your sites. It was not intended for them, but was a global notification. We've had some great response already from smaller sites that need some moderators to stand up and volunteer.
That is all well and good and I'm happy for you but man that was a really bad call on our sites, who knows where this will go, hopefully it dies a silent death. We continue the Waltz, 2 forward 1 back.

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,895 Posts
A lot of things just need much better wording to reflect that a "one size fits all" approach is being used.

If it read something like "as we look to recruit more moderators to help manage some of our many active communities", it wouldn't seem to imply "this community".

I pointed out the error in username changes way back in December but it's still there...

Not only the grammar but we need language to reflect that usernames are not changed on a whim. We've always forbidden it unless a full name or email address was used. If it looks like we now do it at the drop of a hat, I'll just be a full time name changer.

Something more like:

"Your chosen username is the one thing in your user profile you cannot change yourself, but on sites that allow it, administrators may be able to do it for you manually.
or
"Your chosen username is the one thing in your user profile you cannot change yourself, but if you made an error when recently registering, administrators may be able to do it for you manually.

·
Registered
170 Posts
SSC doesn't allow username changes either unless for very good reasons. It's very simple, we can never know who is who if everyone keeps changing names + I agree, we are not name full time name changers. Luckely people are so used to it very few will ask nowadays but there is a rise in questions about it since the migration.

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,559 Posts
A lot of things just need much better wording to reflect that a "one size fits all" approach is being used.

If it read something like "as we look to recruit more moderators to help manage some of our many active communities", it wouldn't seem to imply "this community".

I pointed out the error in username changes way back in December but it's still there...

View attachment 4458

Not only the grammar but we need language to reflect that usernames are not changed on a whim. We've always forbidden it unless a full name or email address was used. If it looks like we now do it at the drop of a hat, I'll just be a full time name changer.

Something more like:

"Your chosen username is the one thing in your user profile you cannot change yourself, but on sites that allow it, administrators may be able to do it for you manually.
or
"Your chosen username is the one thing in your user profile you cannot change yourself, but if you made an error when recently registering, administrators may be able to do it for you manually.
Heya Mike,

We must have missed this one, Ticketed off:

Case # 00232821

Jeff M

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,559 Posts
Hello all,

The verbiage has been updated here and will be rolling out to the network shortly.

"Coming Soon!
The Community Management team will soon be reaching out as we look to recruit more moderators to help manage some of our communities. We plan to start this process in June but if you just can’t wait, click the Contact Us button at the bottom of the site and send us a note to volunteer."

Jeff M

1 - 20 of 23 Posts