1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Staff
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Release Date: Thur, June 24th @5:00 pm EST
Release Date: Tues, June 30th
Summary of Changes - User Facing
  • Enable BBcode on all pages with editors (Profile Page, Account details, Signature, Showcase, Gallery, Thread Page, Article Page, Conversations, etc...)
  • Mobile Gallery is swipeable in the following areas: discussions, articles, replies, previews, conversations, showcases, galleries.
  • ML Recommender live on 10 additional sites
Summary of Changes - For Labs Only
This is for informational purposes only, please do not share outside of Labs ?

Professional Content (Details talk to @mike.shoss or @gkatsiochristos)
  • If you have comments or feedback, we would love to hear from you. Also if you want to become an author, let us know!
Homepage 2.0 Progress (Details talk to @liang_VS or @gkatsiochristos)
  • Full Rollout slated to start end of Early/Mid July
  • Also, check out our post about the homepage launch! Link here: New Homepage!
ML Recommender
  • Rollout to 10 additional sites, and counting! (In progress)
If you want your site to be bumped up in the ML Recommender roll out, please talk to @mike.shoss or @gkatsiochristos.

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,563 Posts
This is a win!

Enable BBcode on all pages with editors (Profile Page, Account details, Signature, Showcase, Gallery, Thread Page, Article Page, Conversations, etc...)

Jeff M

·
Registered
SkyscraperCity Administrator
613 Posts
This is a win!

Enable BBcode on all pages with editors (Profile Page, Account details, Signature, Showcase, Gallery, Thread Page, Article Page, Conversations, etc...)

Jeff M
Will this also include [ post= 12345 ] xxx [ /post ] and [ thread= 12345 ] xxx [ /thread ]?

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,895 Posts
Enable BBcode on all pages with editors (Profile Page, Account details, Signature...
Since I know I'll get asked, is there a reason signatures are restricted to only media in the dropdown and not quote, spoiler, code, etc.?

If they can have a big gaudy photo or video, something as benign as the other missing options seems odd to me but maybe I'm missing something?

·
Staff
99 Posts
Will this also include [ post= 12345 ] xxx [ /post ] and [ thread= 12345 ] xxx [ /thread ]?
Good morning, I hope you had a great weekend. This version will not include [ post= 12345 ] xxx [ /post ], and [ thread= 12345] xxx [ /thread ]. But we will support link insertion via the link button.

Reactions: UNIT-er

·
Registered
613 Posts
Good morning, I hope you had a great weekend. Yes, the addition will include [ post= 12345 ] xxx [ /post ], and [ thread= 12345] xxx [ /thread ].
Good news!

Regarding that an additional question:
We had the mentioned codes on vBulletin as well.
Due to the migration all links set on vBulletin using the mentioned codes are dead now because those codes are not avialable on XenForo up to now.
They were transformed into: https://www.platforum.news/posts/131097724/
Is there a possibilty to turn those transformed dead links back into functional ones from your end without the need to edit them one by one on our end?

·
Patrol4x4 Admin
Patrol4x4 Forum
1,359 Posts
Good news!

Due to the migration all links set on vBulletin using the mentioned codes are dead now because those codes are not avialable on XenForo up to now.
Is there a possibilty to turn those transformed dead links back into functional ones from your end without the need to edit them one by one on our end?
I brought this broken link issue up on home forum when we were migrated over 10 months ago, have the same issue in some of my archives links, had to do manual fix's for the high traffic ones, haven't gotten around to the rest, bloody big job.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I brought this broken link issue up on home forum when we were migrated over 10 months ago, have the same issue in some of my archives links, had to do manual fix's for the high traffic ones, haven't gotten around to the rest, bloody big job.
I hope this can be done yet.

Luckily it is quite easy to differentiate both codes in those mentioned dead links.
Post code: https://www.platforum.news/posts/131097724/
Thread code: https://www.platforum.news/threads/1829703/

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,895 Posts
Test...

[Thread=38221]New Homepage Thread[/Thread]

·
Staff
99 Posts
Since I know I'll get asked, is there a reason signatures are restricted to only media in the dropdown and not quote, spoiler, code, etc.?

If they can have a big gaudy photo or video, something as benign as the other missing options seems odd to me but maybe I'm missing something?
Hi Mike, we are working on improving signatures, starting with display signature changes, once we launch we can look into how to further refine, and improve this feature.

Reactions: AG Jeff

·
Staff
GamingFora
356 Posts
Good news!

My sincere apologies, there's a bit miscommunication on my part. The biggest issue is the link not being migrated properly, we'll look into making sure the links are migrated properly first, then we'll revisit to see if we need to support THREAD and POST bbcode. Also great news! I just got an update that our migration team is already testing the link migration feature.So hopefully this would be resolved soon.

·
Registered
VerticalScope
102 Posts
@UNIT-er and @Mike Lang.
Sorry about the confusion, that came from my end and misunderstanding the request.
Currently, we do not support the BBCode for POST and THREAD.

But posting the link to a thread and post both show-up. I would like to know what the BBCode solution has that the below do not?
Please note, you will see "ALPHA LABS" as the title of everything as when resolving the link the requests sees the Google Login page since you are required to log in.

Stand alone

In-text
Inline demo Alpha Labs
Inline demo Alpha Labs

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,895 Posts
I would like to know what the BBCode solution has that the below do not?
It’s not so much about having the ability for new posts. The problem is the thousands (tens of thousands?) of links that suddenly break on migration day.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Many thanks for the clarification!

The most important think about this that the stand alone solution ruins the layout of the post if you like to place a link within a sentence.
Because of this the in-text solution is the better solution.

2 questions:
If and when will VerticalScope put those codes into action?
When will VerticalScope start to convert all those codes on all their forums?

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,895 Posts
This is a step in the migration process to convert all [POST} and [THEAD] to the new example, so none of the links will be broken.
Has this step ever been successfully deployed on any of the sites?

By the way, the current post link tool is a bit broken as well. :confused:

Linking to a post within a thread ends up with a preview of an entirely incorrect post. You can even link to multiple posts on a page but the text preview will be for the same wrong post. I don't even know if you're aware of this. I know @Cricket has seen it happen.

Here's the thread about it - Alpha Labs

·
Registered
613 Posts
Summary of Changes - User Facing
  • Enable BBcode on all pages with editors (Profile Page, Account details, Signature, Showcase, Gallery, Thread Page, Article Page, Conversations, etc...)
SkyscraperCity was down for maintenance for a while.
But BBCode still seems not to be enabled (on SkyscraperCity) up to now.
On SkyscraperCity I miss the "Toggle BB code" button at the right of the "Drafts" button which is visible here on alpha labs.
Did something went wrong?
When we can expect BBCode to be enabled now?

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,563 Posts
On SkyscraperCity I miss the "Toggle BB code" button at the right of the "Drafts" button which is visible here on alpha labs.
@mike.shoss

Jeff M

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,895 Posts
This reminded me a feature request - Current release checker for staff.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts