OneFora banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Staff
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Platforum Release Date: Thursday, August 28th
Target Release Date: Tues, Sept 1 @ 9:00 a.m.

Summary of Changes - User Facing
  • ML Recommender updates to improve search speed.
New!
  • Mod Panel: Updated the Quick Permission Buttons.
    • Section Mod
      • Creating / Editing page has removed the “Set Default Mod Permission” and “Set Default Super Mod Permissions” button.
      • The following permissions will be checked when clicking on the button
        • Edit any post (in this section)
        • Delete any Post (in this section)
        • Delete any thread (in this section)
    • Super Mod
      • Creating / Editing page has removed the “Set Default Section Mod Permissions” button.
      • The following permissions will be checked when clicking on these 2 buttons
        • Edit any post (globally)
        • Delete any Post (globally)
        • Delete any thread (globally)
Fixes
  • reCAPTCHA on Message: Fixed an issue where reCAPTCHA check is active for every user when sending a Private Message. Now it’s only for New Users.
  • NSFW Image: Fixed the issue where if a single image is inserted from gallery in a thread, the NSFW mark is not working properly if the image is NSFW.
  • NSFW Setting: If a user has “Show NSFW images” setting on in preferences, then google ads show in the homepage along with NSFW thumbnails.
    • Resolved: Rubicon ads now show instead of Google Ads as expected.
  • Multiple posts with the same id on fordforumsonline.com
    • Issue: We discovered that the issue was not post id, it was the position number in the thread.

·
Registered
SkyscraperCity Administrator
613 Posts
Platforum Release Date: Thursday, August 28th
Target Release Date: Tues, Sept 1 @ 9:00 a.m.

Summary of Changes - User Facing
  • Mod Panel: Updated the Quick Permission Buttons.
    • Section Mod
      • Creating / Editing page has removed the “Set Default Mod Permission” and “Set Default Super Mod Permissions” button.
      • The following permissions will be checked when clicking on the button
        • Delete any Post (in this section)
        • Delete any thread (in this section)
    • Super Mod
      • Creating / Editing page has removed the “Set Default Section Mod Permissions” button.
      • The following permissions will be checked when clicking on these 2 buttons
        • Delete any Post (globally)
        • Delete any thread (globally)
It should respectively must also contain the undeleting permission as follows:

Section Mod:
  • Undelete any Post (in this section)
  • Undelete any thread (in this section)
Super Mod:
  • Undelete any Post (globally)
  • Undelete any thread (globally)
Will this also be available?

·
Staff
GamingFora
356 Posts
It should respectively must also contain the undeleting permission as follows:

Section Mod:
  • Undelete any Post (in this section)
  • Undelete any thread (in this section)
Super Mod:
  • Undelete any Post (globally)
  • Undelete any thread (globally)
Will this also be available?
Supermod already had the permission to undelete threads. For Mod and Section Mod, @AG Jeff can bring it to CM discussion and we can coordinate from there.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Supermod already had the permission to undelete threads. For Mod and Section Mod, @AG Jeff can bring it to CM discussion and we can coordinate from there.
Undeleting posts and threads belongs to the basics for being a moderator which must be part of those profiles as well.
A moderator who is not able to undelete posts and threads is limited in his job and can not be named a moderator because that permission is one of the most important tools for his job.
So that permission must be implemented as soon as possible as well.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Undeleting is a nice-to-have but really not that vital for a section mod. The ability to move / edit / delete posts and threads are far more important. Many thanks for adding this!

·
Staff
283 Posts
@UNIT-er - Why is it critical to be able to "undelete"? My question is sincere and I'd really like to understand the value this brings. My understanding was that this isn't common.

·
Registered
613 Posts
@UNIT-er - Why is it critical to be able to "undelete"? My question is sincere and I'd really like to understand the value this brings. My understanding was that this isn't common.
There are some reasons I think that undeleting should also be available.
  • on vBulletin undeleting was available for moderators without any issues and/or concerns; in this case it is something traditional/historical; our staff is used to it to have this option
  • if a moderator decides to delete a post/posts to calm down a troublesome situation and he decides after a while to undelete it/them again he needs support from a super moderator/administrator; so why complicate things if a way better and of course faster solution is not far away (I had such a situation in our Albanian section about 2 months ago; posts were reported because a dispute came up and because I am not an Albanian native speaker I decided first to delete all posts around the dispute to calm down the situation; but a few of those posts were ok and after having used Google Translate and informed by other users why their content was also deleted I brought back those posts; I had the permissions to do so because of my rank but a normal moderator would not be able to do the same)
  • this is also valid for threads but in this case it does not happen so often because deleting threads is something you do with much more awareness because you remove a whole topic and not only some posts
  • in the past it happened that moderators deleted posts by mistake; they needed to ask for support to undelete them; so why complicate things if a way better and of course faster solution is not far away

·
Registered
476 Posts
It happens occasionally, but I don't even remember the last time someone asked me to undelete a thread.

Frankly I think this is petty stuff that, now that we got what we asked for, makes us look as if our site is speaking with multiple mouths.

·
Administrator SLKWorld
357 Posts
We move thread/post to recycle bin for recovery when we need it....we NEVER delete a post or a thread :D

·
Registered
613 Posts
Frankly I think this is petty stuff that, now that we got what we asked for, makes us look as if our site is speaking with multiple mouths.
I apologize for having created such an impression!
That was and is not my intention.
Of course it is good to have those improvements now.

My thoughts were/are why not going the whole way and doing all possible improvements in this case at once.
That would save time and manpower if this case pops up again later on.
And it would also save time and manpower when dealing with threads/posts in each forums without needing support from super moderators/administrators for a simple undeleting action.

·
Staff
283 Posts
I'm assuming it isn't common, please correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
Hardcoresledder
227 Posts
Undeletes are uncommon. On HCS we might do one or two a year. Usually, if I as a MOD see something i don't like i delete it. Then I post in the Area51 forum about it and see what the other mods think. Especially if it's controversial. Then sometimes a Admin will say he doesn't think it's so bad and i just say if you want to undelete go for it. See, everyone's opinion on what's needed and isn't happens a lot. Even with mods and admins let alone how the users feel about them all. So there's why you undelete and yes IMO it sucks not having the "option" to do it. Just like Unit says. A reduction of power that is missed.

Steve gonna undelete something today!

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,895 Posts
It's uncommon for a section mod to undelete something but it could be as simple as an accidental delete by them in the first place where they just need to quickly correct it.

Is there an issue with rouge section mods out there randomly undeleting things like a crazy person? :ROFLMAO:

I'm trying to think of why they shouldn't be allowed to undelete in their designated section.

Reactions: Lalji

·
Patrol4x4 Admin
Patrol4x4 Forum
1,359 Posts
We don't have section mods on P4x4, but, on rare occasions after being contacted we will temporarily appoint one (usually for a fixed period of say 1 week) so that they can clean up a tech thread they have started that has gone off track, mainly build threads. They are given strict rules with which to comply, as said it is rare but handy for us, but I would think if they wish to undelete a post that has been deleted for a good reason they should probably contact us to do it.
My 2 cents worth, as said we don't have them but temp appoint them.

Reactions: Lalji and AG Jeff
1 - 15 of 15 Posts